JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure where you're getting this information. I know they have products made in China. Philippines, Japan, and some made overseas but assembled in the US .

The vortex Diamondback is made in China. But you are correct, they do have a lifetime warranty.

View attachment 894037
Entry level scopes are made in China. Mid-level are made in the Philippines. Premium level are made in Japan.

It's their -20MOA version intended for markets south of the equator. My opinion, Vortex has one of the best warranties in the business and better customer service than some local/domestic manufacturers. The Vortex warranty is also transferable and requires no proof of purchase. Side note on warranties: many manufacturers tout a lifetime warranty, but if your optic includes electronics, such as a LPVO, most will only warranty the electronic portion for a limited time. It's best to read the fine print when comparing.

Entry level scopes are made in China. Mid-level are made in the Philippines. Premium level are made in Japan.

Not sure where you got Malaysia came from? But that just proves my post correct

Vortex has great optics, and their upper tier stuff is incredible. Even if the damage is accidental they will replace the scope for free. Heck, they stand behind secondhand products as well. It's good peace of mind compared to makers like Eotech where civilian customer service is a joke to them (and honesty it seems...).

Wish I had known about Vortex before I shook the guts out of 3 different brands with my .458S.
One, a "Tactical 3 colored Model" spit the turrets right out.

I finally found a Bushnell 3-9x40 that has been hanging together for me.

Not bad, but enough for me to notice.
lmIbE1Bl.jpg

I took it to work yesterday just to goof with it at lunch time and do like it though it is sorta large.
Nice MOA reticle that makes ranging pretty easy, I set up some 5 gallon buckets (15" tall ) across the yard and ranged them out to 500 yds easy enough.
dquZB1zl.jpg
zCHZABgl.jpg
Should have went with something like this to begin with instead of a 1-8 LPVO but oh well.
I'll use the 1-8 on my AR15 instead which has a 1-6 at the moment.

Which at least that turned out well so far.
Faxon 16" mid gas, 1:8, Gunner profile in .223W
be4nDb4l.jpg
WRqvxIdl.jpg

Backed up with a Radian BCG and Vltor A5 action with an A5H2 buffer to start with.
VcuKz9Kl.jpg

Not bad, but enough for me to notice.
View attachment 895294

I took it to work yesterday just to goof with it at lunch time and do like it though it is sorta large.
Nice MOA reticle that makes ranging pretty easy, I set up some 5 gallon buckets (15" tall ) across the yard and ranged them out to 500 yds easy enough.
View attachment 895295
View attachment 895296
Should have went with something like this to begin with instead of a 1-8 LPVO but oh well.
I'll use the 1-8 on my AR15 instead which has a 1-6 at the moment.

Which at least that turned out well so far.
Faxon 16" mid gas, 1:8, Gunner profile in .223W
View attachment 895297
View attachment 895298

Backed up with a Radian BCG and Vltor A5 action with an A5H2 buffer to start with.
View attachment 895299
Where is this work? And how do I apply? You get to bring you're rifle to work to mess around with you must work at Leupold traitor!😂

278483B3-8D44-4E1C-8E7B-13CA98A2CAF3.jpeg This Diamondback says made in Philippines. I have had good luck with made in Philippines scopes from Intensity, Burris and Nikon. I try to avoid Chi-com optics.Maybe the newer Diamondbacks are being assembled in China, as this was a discontinued product on special from Midway.

Last Edited:
It doesn't work that way, it's bent down, not to the side.
Maybe if I turned it 90 deg it would.
Having seen the picture I think it might work on it's side shooting it gangsta style. That's supposed to make the bullet shoot harder out of the clip and especially if you throw a punch at the same time as you pull the trigger. It can theoretically make a 300 Win Mag as powerful as a 9mm or even an AK bullet.

Let's say you are helping a group of cookie selling girl scouts make it through the hood, when you have to get them past the old swimming pool. You spot Corn Pop all worked up because the new lifeguards won't let them play with their leg hair anymore and you can tell he's itching to steal all the Thin Mints. Since you don't have a shot gun you just can't pop one off into the air, but you can shoot Corn Pop's walker from around the corner. Without his walker there is no way he can catch the girl scouts so all ends well.

Are you sure you still want an unbent scope?

And the reason no Leupold scopes come from China is that Leupold sells their entry level scopes under the name "Redfield" which are made in China.

Yeah man, mount that puppy on a mini-14 and you'll be able to legitimately shoot yourself in the back of the head!
:s0140:
When one of my sons was about 10 yo he complained that everybody got a steak knife but him at dinner. Not 3 minutes later he stabbed himself in the back of the head with his butter knife. "See?"

And the reason no Leupold scopes come from China is that Leupold sells their entry level scopes under the name "Redfield" which are made in China.
I don't believe any of the Redfield scopes previously offered by Leupold were made in China. Everything I have heard said the Revolution scopes were assembled at the Leupold plant in Beaverton, OR, while the Revenge and Battlefield lines were made in the Phillipines. I have 4 of the old Revolutions and they have served me well And seem quite comparable to their old VX-1 line.

Got around to sending it back last Monday.
Tue I got an email that it was on it's way back.
Got it today and they replaced it.
That's probably the easiest and fastest Customer Service I've had to deal with yet.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top