JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So as I read all the info in the plethora of threads on the new atf info grab and bs law. I find the new stribog A3S I picked up will run afoul of the law. Unless I install a different lower on it. (Since the upper is the part with the serial # on it.) Like a lingel or AT3. Going back to a scorpion mag using Magpul mags. I'll be well short of the 10 mythical super nasty parts count if I do. Dam ! I picked up 15 new curved mags for it b4 the mag ban! And sold 15 scorpion mags!

Any one else looking at the same problem with bogs or other pistols? And have an avenue to allow the compliance to sbr the gun.

So as I read all the info in the plethora of threads on the new atf info grab and bs law. I find the new stribog A3S I picked up will run afoul of the law. Unless I install a different lower on it. (Since the upper is the part with the serial # on it.) Like a lingel or AT3. Going back to a scorpion mag using Magpul mags. I'll be well short of the 10 mythical super nasty parts count if I do. Dam ! I picked up 15 new curved mags for it b4 the mag ban! And sold 15 scorpion mags!

Any one else looking at the same problem with bogs or other pistols? And have an avenue to allow the compliance to sbr the gun.
This is not an issue. The 922r problem is not a real problem. ATF updated their FAQs to reflect this:

5E0427A7-9B05-43B1-8B28-BB537A102C70.jpeg

Well maybe not this week, but with the way the ATF does things it could be a problem for someone soon-- That's why folks in Second Amendment Sanctuary States simply say, 'F**K the ATF'
Yea, Fe president Kamala extract to atf: "get rid of every gun you can", ATF: "well you know when we said 922r is not an issue, we're gonna change that and demand all those imported guns be destroyed"

Yea, Fe president Kamala extract to atf: "get rid of every gun you can", ATF: "well you know when we said 922r is not an issue, we're gonna change that and demand all those imported guns be destroyed"
The ATF is a lawless institution, they don't mind approving a system and then changing their minds after tens of millions have been sold. Obviously what the ATF says as far as approval goes, means absolutely nothing once they've changed their little tiny minds

Correct importers and manufacturers. I'd be manufacturing a SBR. So that's where my question come in to play.
You would be "making" an SBR, not manufacturing it. Making and manufacturing are two different things per the ATF and have different rules. @wired can explain the subtleties of that.

these laws need removed from the books, they are against our rights. the govt agency shouldn't be allowed to write and pass legislation that they directly enforce.

Last Edited:

Well, i asked InLeadWeTrust to consider building a carbine length barrel before the crap show and they essentially laughed, now they are offering longer barrels. I likely won't buy. I have 2 A3T lowers. But even the factory lowers are serialised. My bogs will be pinned and welded, minus 1.

I was under the impression it makes me the manufacturer. No worries it's all a bunch of bs
No. You are a maker unless you have a manufacturers license. I have a manufacturers license and I build something for sale it has to be 922r compliant. If you register an SBR on an existing gun or even one you built from an 80% it does not. I know this reverses a lot of what you thought you knew about 922r but theyre stretching a lot of laws to make them fit the new ethos at the ATF . Go with it

Theyre aren't worrying about 922r . like they ever did. Go ahead and file.

Correct importers and manufacturers. I'd be manufacturing a SBR. So that's where my question come in to play.
Years ago, I SBR'd an imported Romanian Draco AK pistol w/o a scintilla of a 922r hitch.

If it was legally imported as a pistol, and you legally purchased it as a pistol, and the 4473 at the time of purchase lists it as a pistol, then it's a pistol and wasn't (and isn't) subject to 922r because it was MANUFACTURED and IMPORTED as a pistol.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top