JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up a new gun!!! MP 9MM, full size, 17 round mag. Great deal from Fishermans. Check it out!!! Haven't shot it yet but will be here to let you know how it is!

M&P.jpg

M&P2.jpg

M&P3.jpg

I have the M&P in .40. It is a great gun, but I did have one problem with it. While playing out in the woods one day, the magazine kept dropping out every three or four shots. Since it has the mag disconnect, it won't fire without the mag in. Needless to say, that is not a desirable quality in a carry weapon. I called S&W, and they said they had some issues with the strength of the metal used to fabricate the mag release. They sent me a new (improved) one, no questions asked, and it only was two days from the time I made the call until it was in the mailbox (that's pretty quick, coming from MA). Since then, no problems whatsoever. It might be worth a quick call to S&W to see if your pistol is in need of that retro part.

I have the M&P in .40. It is a great gun, but I did have one problem with it. While playing out in the woods one day, the magazine kept dropping out every three or four shots. Since it has the mag disconnect, it won't fire without the mag in. Needless to say, that is not a desirable quality in a carry weapon. I called S&W, and they said they had some issues with the strength of the metal used to fabricate the mag release. They sent me a new (improved) one, no questions asked, and it only was two days from the time I made the call until it was in the mailbox (that's pretty quick, coming from MA). Since then, no problems whatsoever. It might be worth a quick call to S&W to see if your pistol is in need of that retro part.

Very easy to remove the mag disconnect if you want to. I took mine out after my first trip to the range.

Sorry about the delay I couldn't log on for whatever reason. Finally shot the gun and it shot very well. It's the most accurate handgun I've shot to date and by far the easiest to use. I will at some point upgrade the trigger due to a bit too much play. Only dislike with the gun is the takedown. It's a pain in the rear. All other areas I give it a ten out of ten. Sight's are fantastic and recoil is at a minimum so it's easy to stay on target through repeated shot's. Did a ten dot trill and was very impressed with accuracy and ease of shooting.

For some reason, I've always been cautious with the quality of S&W's autoloaders. Not sure where it came from since I dont have a lot of first hand experience with them, just their revolvers which I think are great.

Aside from that, I've heard great reviews on the M&P handguns and AR's. I think I need to test a few out to get a better idea :)

I think the Sigma line tarnished S&W's reputation for auto's. It's too bad, cause they've made a ton of excellent models.

Picked up a new gun!!! MP 9MM, full size, 17 round mag. Great deal from Fishermans. Check it out!!! Haven't shot it yet but will be here to let you know how it is!
I am considering purchasing one of these and I have a couple of questions. I thought I would revive this thread rather than start a new one. The gun will be strictly for conceal carry.

I am trying to decide between the full and compact. Any comments on this?

I am trying to decide between 9mm and 357sig. I will reload either of them so cost of ammo is really not an issue. Any comments/opinions?

What's the problem with disassembly?

If it's that little lever they say to move down and forward you can just leave it in place and pull the trigger as you move the slide off. The lever does the same thing as pulling the trigger. It's just there to keep you from pulling the trigger in case you left a round in the chamber.

If its for concealed carry, definitely the compact. The full size is just that, FUL SIZE like a Sig 226. Both are great guns.

The nice thing about the M&P compact is 12+1 capacity. As for the caliber, I like 9. In the M&P the recoil is very controllable. With the abundance of self defense 9mm loads, you will be just fine with 9mm.

I carry Federal Tactical HST hollow point 9mm 124 gr. Great round to carry. Expands nicely, and not terribly pricey.

Enjoy!

As far as conceal goes your size plays a big role, I'm a big guy so I can conceal the full size with ease. I also hate shooting compacts because half of my hand hangs off the bottom, so I certainly wouldn't want to shoot something I hate in a sticky situation. Plus 17+1 in the full size!!!