Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New S&W Bodyguard 380 owner looking for holster recommendations??

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Darin Jordan, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Darin Jordan

Darin Jordan Renton, WA New Member

After carefully comparing the options in a super-compact pocket gun, (P-3AT, LCP, etc), I made the decision last night to buy the S&W Bodyguard 380. I liked the value of the package, as well as the way it felt when I took it up. S&W's always seem to fit my hands well, which is why I choose my Sigma 40 years ago. Having the factory installed laser sight was also a bonus (wasn't really looking for a laser sight, but it was there, so why not!? :cool: )

Anyhow, I'm interested in recommendations on a couple of holster options. I'm thinking of a functional pocket holster that will allow me to use this gun from a jacket pocket or pants pocket.

I'm also looking for a hip or other style of "normal" carry holster...

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

2. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Check out Uncle George's Wallet Holsters on the net.

3. Darin Jordan

Excellent... those look about like what I was looking for in a pocket holster. Thanks for the tip!

4. edogg

edogg Western Washington Active Member

5. Darin Jordan

Thank you. I'll be looking closely at those. Looks like I just missed on one of the seconds... There is actually one listed for my bun, but it's "reserved"... whatever that means.

Looks like the "mini-tuck" might be in order... Would like to find someone local who has these in stock so I can check them out in person before ordering... The "Quick-Clip" or "Micro-Clip look interesting as well...

I received my "Uncle-George's" wallet holster Friday... It's not too bad. Needs some breaking it, but fits the gun nicely. It's still a little big to easily fit into the pocket of the jeans that I usually wear (Costco brand $14.00 specials... ;) ). It fits, but totally fills the pocket.

Drawing the gun out, using the techniques described in the videos, however, works well. I practiced a little this weekend and feel confident that a fairly quick, reliable draw is achievable. I like having the option.

Sgt Nambu and (deleted member) like this.
  6. bmgm37

bmgm37 Coos Bay Active Member

I have tried many for my Bodyguard and the found Billy McCabe Leather. They are the best holster I have tried and love them, got 2 different styles

http://mccabescustomleather.com/

7. Darin Jordan

WOW! Those aren't holsters... they are works or art! Thank you for the link... I'm very likely going to have to order something from there!

In the meantime, I picked up one of these yesterday from the local Discount Guns:

Amazon.com: Desantis 106 Sof-Tuck Inside the Pant Right Hand Tan For S&W Bodyguard .380: Sports & Outdoors

41R8mBf3e4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's not ideal, but will work until I order something else. Seems some of these less expensive holsters are bulky and have thickness where they otherwise wouldn't need to be thick. It holds the gun pretty well, however, and I was able to carry wearing my lightweight adventure shorts.

8. BarbusBadarse

BarbusBadarse tanasbourne Active Member

9. bmgm37

bmgm37 Coos Bay Active Member

I have both IWB and OWB from McCabes, both are well worth the money and very well made.

3062418C-FFC5-4E29-9D94-7050F5FE3F2B-2841-00000348BA722337_zps3a75f5bb.jpg
    BE300F89-2DE6-4C12-AD40-1A1FDA5483B1-2841-00000348B33D505C_zpsbca9f45b.jpg

10. autoX

autoX Beaverton, OR New Member

I'm a big fan of my Mini Mamba from Concealment Solutions. Concealment Solutions - Custom made concealment holsters IMO, they're a little more thought out than the Crossbreeds are. I like how he cuts his leather to fit the gun with no "extra leather" like the crossbreeds have.

11. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

I like this option.....:thumbup:

Plus i'm local.:winkkiss: