Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New S&W 686 Plus 3" .357 - I am a happy guy

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by SynapticSilence, May 9, 2015.

1. SynapticSilence

SynapticSilence Battle Ground, WA Well-Known Member

By far the best buy of the year so far for me. A new Smith and Wesson Model 686 Plus .357 with 3" barrel, something I've been trying to get my hands on for a while now. I peruse Budsgunshop.com's Qualified Professional Program listings from time to time, since I'm retired military and qualify. The advantages are that the prices are great or the firearms come with an additional mag or night sights or something to make them a better value. They never have any 686s there. Except last week on the day I checked. There it was. And the price? $588.00, which is about $150 below the normal retail price and about $250 below the MSRP. So I bought it on the spot. I'm taking it out to shoot either tomorrow or early next week, but it feels amazing in the hand. Just had to share my good fortune. Not the greatest picture (cell phone), but you can get the idea. SampW%20686%20Plus_zpsa4byrv65.jpg

2. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I had a round butt 686+ 4" (pre lock) that I wish I'd never sold. Fantastic revolver. You should be very happy with this one.

3. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Beautiful revolver! IMHO it's hard to beat a 686! Have fun with it!:)

4. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

686 is my go to of all the handguns. Absolutely love mine

americanredoubt likes this.
  5. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Heck yea.. nice price. I've shot 5 and 686's plenty. nice guns

6. SynapticSilence

SynapticSilence Battle Ground, WA Well-Known Member

I've got two pristine older Smith revolvers. a no-dash Model 36 .38 and a Model 29-5 Classic .44 Mag with a full lug 5" barrel, and now three newer ones, the 686, a 638 .38 +P, and a 442 .38 +P. They're all truly excellent guns and a blast to shoot. The 638 is one of my two standard summer pocket carries, the other being my Walther PPS 9mm with the flat base 6 round mag with an 8 round mag for backup.

7. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Vancouver Well-Known Member

I love my 686+

8. hker71

hker71 Portland Metro Area Active Member

My 6" 686 is my OS gun! I have a 4" 586 and I love the feel. I almost feel bad shooting it since it is such a good looking gun. Almost.

9. Quacky88

Quacky88 Oregon Active Member

I want one...