JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I caught this recent video by .22Plinkster on the newly announced S&W Victory SW22 pistol. He describes it as a cross between a Ruger MK series and a Browning Buck Mark. He also says it is a step up from the 22A/22A-1, without being too expensive for the average shooter. Base model comes with a 5.5" match grade barrel. Volquartsen has already put out 2 nice barrels for this pistol too. And it comes with fiber optic sights (which I like) - rear is adjustable.

The big bonus is takedown is really easy - pull one screw and the complete upper comes right off - easy to disassemble/assemble for cleaning. Pretty cool. This one may be going on my wish list down the road. I think I like it. MSRP is $429 for a threaded barrel model. $409 for the target barrel model, which would put the actual sell price, I'm guess, at around $350? Comes with 2 mags too.

I love my MKIII Target, this might make a nice companion.

What do you think??

cat_list_SW22Victory_hero_section1.jpg

<broken link removed>

cat_list_SW22Victory_hero_section1.jpg

I held that new smith yesterday at NW armory in Tigard. It's a heavy gun. Looks and feels nice

My MKIII is definitely a heavy gun - this one does remind me a bit of that gun. I may have to swing by NW Armory and put my hands on one. I don't have the $$ to buy it, but I fully support drooling over future purchases ;)

Just a wanna be ruger . . . I wish they hadn't named it a victory, I was excited when I received an email entitled S&W victory .22lr only to be let down. When I think of a smith victory I think of an older Gen of smith revolvers, and in the email I was viewing a picture essentially of a bastardized ruger mark series .22lr pistol.

Just a wanna be ruger . . . I wish they hadn't named it a victory, I was excited when I received an email entitled S&W victory .22lr only to be let down. When I think of a smith victory I think of an older Gen of smith revolvers, and in the email I was viewing a picture essentially of a bastardized ruger mark series .22lr pistol.

True, it does look a bit like a Ruger Mark series pistol, but I will say this - they've got Ruger beat by a long shot when it comes to ease of take-down for cleaning. Certainly a nice step in the right direction compared to the pain in the a$$ that is disassembling the Mark pistols.

I'm subscribing. Been thinking about a Buckmark since the local Bimart has them. The difficulty of take down has been a barrier for me and the Rugers. Doesn't sound the Buckmarks are much better.

I'm subscribing. Been thinking about a Buckmark since the local Bimart has them. The difficulty of take down has been a barrier for me and the Rugers. Doesn't sound the Buckmarks are much better.
Buckmarks aren't hard to take down.Just don't take the grips off,lol
My buckmark was very accurate to boot

Ok, ok.... Ruger Mark 1,2 & 3 pistols are very "strange" to disassemble and reassemble after cleaning.

I sat down with mine one day and took it apart and put it back together again 5-6 times and haven't forgot how to do it since then.

So I would say unless your incompetent with tools then a Ruger, while being different", isn't really a "hard" pistol to clean. But yea, I can have my Walther p22 taken down, cleaned, oiled and reloaded in about 10 min or so - the Ruger is a 20+ min gun for me.

I won't even consider picking up a S&W until the 2nd gens come out and have some of the rough spots polished and more aftermarket parts become available. Until then, I'm still aiming for a Ruger Mark 2 with the slab sided competition barrel. EDIT: Stainless of course;)

Just thought I'd revive this thread. Hickok45 just did a review of this pistol. Overall, he seems to really like it. I do agree with him, it looks like a much nicer pistol to take down than say a Ruger Mark series pistol. Anyway, for anyone interested, here is his review:

it looks like a much nicer pistol to take down than say a Ruger Mark series pistol. Anyway, for anyone interested, here is his review:

The thing is. You don't NEED to take the pistol down but once I a millinium?. You can clean the pistol perfectly fine WITHOUT taking it down.
Spray the peeetadlers out of it wth your favorite cleaner.
Then let it set.
There is no need to take a mkIII down more than once every 2 years

The thing is. You don't NEED to take the pistol down but once I a millinium?. You can clean the pistol perfectly fine WITHOUT taking it down.
Spray the peeetadlers out of it wth your favorite cleaner.
Then let it set.
There is no need to take a mkIII down more than once every 2 years

And as much of a pain as the MKIII is to take down, I only take mine apart once a millennium ;)

I like it, but I wish manufacturers would have lightweight versions of .22 firearms. It isn't like we need the weight to handle the recoil. I have a scandium .44 mag that is lighter than many .22 pistols or revolvers. I had to spend additional bucks to buy a lightweight barrel for my Buckmark.

I like it, but I wish manufacturers would have lightweight versions of .22 firearms. It isn't like we need the weight to handle the recoil. I have a scandium .44 mag that is lighter than many .22 pistols or revolvers. I had to spend additional bucks to buy a lightweight barrel for my Buckmark.

How lightweight are you looking to go?? My Ruger MKIII Target is a pretty hefty .22lr, and I like it that way - for target shooting, it's hard to beat. But there are lighter weight options already out there. Like the Ruger 22/45 and 22/45 Lite - it has a polymer lower. If you want, you can swap the upper on the MK series or the 22/45 series with a Tactical Solutions aluminium upper and cut the weight even more. There's also the Ruger SR22 and the S&W M&P 22 Compact - both light-weight guns as well (compared to say the MKIII Target).

As far as looks go, I really like the looks of the Ruger 22/45 Lite series - especially the blue model - I'd love to add one of those someday:

DSC_0586.JPG

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top