JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In light of the situaiton back east with the uzi and the boy who killed himself - I can see how the insurance companies or management are demanding this kind of rule. Having someone lose control of a firearm and killing themself or others at the range is increased while firing full auto. Especially if they are quote "noobies".

Is there an exlcusion for practicing double taps with a revolver/semi or is that not permitted as well? Can't you use the Clackamas County range down the street? I believe they still allow full auto.

In light of the situaiton back east with the uzi and the boy who killed himself - I can see how the insurance companies or management are demanding this kind of rule. Having someone lose control of a firearm and killing themself or others at the range is increased while firing full auto. Especially if they are quote "noobies".

Is there an exlcusion for practicing double taps with a revolver/semi or is that not permitted as well? Can't you use the Clackamas County range down the street? I believe they still allow full auto.

On that, it was a MICRO UZI, they are an absolute handful for an experienced shooter - Yes, I have shot them -, whomever let an inexperienced shooter - any stature - let alone a kid shoot one should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law IMHO. That was a tragedy that could have been avoided by the people renting the MICRO UZI, That incident sent tingles up my spine for a few weeks as the entire NFA community - I have 2 kids that shoot a lot!!!!!
Have you ever fired a "Full auto"? Anyone with half a brain that is letting you shoot one for the first time - in my case a $18,000 MP5 - is not going to just let you "Take her for a spin", they will educated you BEFORE you even get to shoot it, down load a mag, so you can see how it is, then in my case keep 1 hand on it till you have a feel for what it is going to do.

No there is no exclusion for double taps - 1 shot per second.

Hey what if I am there for 10 minutes and don't shoot, then use all my seconds up at once? LOL

Yes I can use PSTC.

On that, it was a MICRO UZI, they are an absolute handful for an experienced shooter - Yes, I have shot them -, whomever let an inexperienced shooter - any stature - let alone a kid shoot one should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law IMHO. That was a tragedy that could have been avoided by the people renting the MICRO UZI, That incident sent tingles up my spine for a few weeks as the entire NFA community - I have 2 kids that shoot a lot!!!!!
Have you ever fired a "Full auto"? Anyone with half a brain that is letting you shoot one for the first time - in my case a $18,000 MP5 - is not going to just let you "Take her for a spin", they will educated you BEFORE you even get to shoot it, down load a mag, so you can see how it is, then in my case keep 1 hand on it till you have a feel for what it is going to do.

No there is no exclusion for double taps - 1 shot per second.

Hey what if I am there for 10 minutes and don't shoot, then use all my seconds up at once? LOL

Yes I can use PSTC.

Take a deep breath. Wasn't attacking you and I used the term "noobie" because you had done so. Yes, I have shot full auto but that is not relevant. What is relevant is that the new owners don't know/care if you or the shooter have half a brain to shoot FA (understand I am not questioning you ability to shoot or properly train). The new owners don't want to risk an accident whether it was caused by the incompetence of the shooter, trainer, firearm malf or an act of God. It is too bad they changed the rules but at least you still have alternatives such as PTSC.

I didn't take it that way, was just saying about that example.
ANYWAY, forget the "Full-Autos", lets just stick to the 1 shot per second rule. :)
I understand it is their business and their rules, BUT if enough members inquire/express their feelings about the new rule, maybe it can be looked at a little closer by the owners and reevaluated, that is all really.
Same goes for the PSTC, you can't shoot your reloads there because of LIABILITY issues I am sure. So then when JCGC starts with rules about shooting ONLY factory ammo and NO RELOADS should us non-reloader types say, ehhh, I don't reload anyway, we just shoot faster? LOL

NoHair

Understand. :drink:

I was considering joining the club but do have some reservations regarding the 1 second rule myself. Not sure of a way around it unless the membership can vote on a bond or something to help defer potential legal costs or set aside a special time for rapid fire. Plan to mention the issue to the JC booth tomorrow at the show.

Cool, I'm not going to the show, I have everything I need :).
After chatting with the manager I think he feels it is just a few guys that feel this way about the 1 second rule, just because I shoot machineguns doesn't mean I don't like to shoot my pistols there also.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top