Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New rules @ Johnson Creek GC

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by NoHair, Nov 16, 2011.

1. NoHair

NoHair Troutdale OR Member

I was shooting some MP5SDs yesterday and were informed that you can no longer shoot more then 1 round per second.
    I called and left a message.

I just got off the phone with the manager who was nice and chatted with me for about 30 minutes and there is no changing it, it is to keep the range safer???
    New owners are not "Gun guys" and don't know much about it.
    A few people have already told them FO and canceled their membership because of it.
    The are trying to prevent a lawsuit - I told them I had never heard of someone getting hurt from shooting to fast, most injuries I have heard of are from negligent discharges.

"He is being advised that most ranges are going to this for liability reasons" "He is scarred what a liberal judge might think if he get sued and people were shooting "automatic weapons" - even SEMI AUTOS!!!!!!"
    "They will go after the money"

If you are a member or potential member you may want to let them know what you think of their new rules.

After 30 min on the phone with him he is a businessman/politician with his answers and tact.

NoHair

2. sadiesassy

sadiesassy Prescott Active Member

Most ranges have the 1 sec rule. The only issue being places where RO seem to want to have a problem as to how long one second is.
    If you do not like it - This is an opportunity for you to start a business and open a range with rules you like. Based on your inmputs you should have a ton of people supporting your business.

evltwn and (deleted member) like this.
  3. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

If you talk to them again, you should mention this thread so they can come in and explain this policy.

You joined that club specifically because they told you to your face that MGs were OK to shoot there didn't you?

4. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

With exception of ranges out in the boonies, Every one I've shot at has a 1 sec rule for target ranges. If you want to shoot faster that's what the action ranges are for. Get qualified, go there, or head for Browns camp. No offense to OP, That's just my opinion.

5. coctailer

Which action ranges allow full auto fire?

6. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

TCGC but you got to be LEO. Don't think the OP was shooting FA at JCGC. I wanna figure out where I can go with Tannerite.

7. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Yes he was shooting FA. Special rules for police are BS. Giving into political correctness is BS. I can foresee this losing many customers on principle alone. I don't buy the liability excuse, the old owners allowed FA and seemed to zero liability problems.

8. coctailer

He and I both were shooting Machine guns yesterday.
    We had 3 MP-5SDs between the 2 of us.

9. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

The only range I know of is Albany Rifle and Pistol Club. I think they alternate weekend days it's allowed. Only know because my friend's father has a couple he takes there a few times a year. There may be others but I haven't looked.

10. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

1 shot per second rule is what renewed my interest in revolvers...

Still think its silly for an indoor range though... :(

11. NoHair

I have my own business and joined there so I could shoot my machineguns with my customers- you know let people who have never shot a machinegun shoot one and get interested/educated in the sport - it is a central location for them.

So, you want me to qualify newbies to the sport before they know if they are interested in it :paranoid:

I am not LEO, and yes is was a FA, I have shot there a lot over the last few years and never had an issue -even shot with Mult. Co. SERT guys there.

Yes, when I joined that was the reason I joined was I could shoot FA.

In fact I took JoeyLinks NFA cherry there - I think we went through 800rds in the MP5 and gobbs more of misc. suppressed.

As far a my shooting I can shoot my beltfeds and Tannerite at my house but that is not my issue.

I find it interesting that the shooters here do not see issues with chipping away at rules like this just because they do not necessary apply directly to them. There are many shooting styles and yours is not the only one, so it would be nice to have a club that you can do more than just one at.

I don't see automotive manufactures no longer building cars in fear of being sued for what a drunk drive does with there product, how about some accountability for ourselves.

NoHair

12. sadiesassy

sadiesassy Prescott Active Member

Nohair
    So you only have the easy side of the business with no avenue to take your customers - other than going to the country -- which is your primary solution? And you do not seem to like that
    So it goes back to my original answer - Step up and open your own range. That should teach you something about the level of interest, and The liability issues. Then everyone can bubblegum about your operation.

13. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

This is rather annoying. I don't shoot rapid fire too much, but sometimes I like to see if I can still group decent when letting the bullets fly.

14. Barefoot343

Barefoot343 liberalville Active Member

I recently joined JCGC and it is a pretty decent place to shoot, to me the rules are the rules, I don't have an issue with it. Would I like to shoot rapid fire? yeah, who wouldn't? but for whatever reason that is the rule. No big D to me, if people don't like it I guess they will go somewhere else.

15. SKN

SKN Keizer, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Clackamas Public Safety Training Center: full auto OK as long as it is a handgun caliber, ammo is purchased there, bring NFA paperwork, utilize aimed fire. Rapid fire permitted as long as it is aimed fire. Substantial monetary penalty and ejection from range if firing results in damage to target carrier, rail, ceiling, walls, floor, or bench.

16. dakaham

dakaham Albany, Oregon, United States Active Member

yep albany rifle and pistol is the place to go!!! I have seen it all there from automatic pistols to 50bmg. The only thing anyone representing the club has ever said to anyone with a MG is "Thats cool" or " can i squeeze a few off?" LOL! No 1 sec rule at all!! Just wish we could get days to pop some tennerite :D If you want a place where you can go shoot in a fun controlled environment without some retired guy telling you what you cant do all day its the place!!! www.arpc.info

17. 74sporty

74sporty metro portland Active Member

i dont like the 1 sec rule, but i still like the place. aside from the new rule its pretty easy going over there. maybe i'll just save the fast shootin for when no ones around. i think they still let you shoot till ten

18. NoHair

do-not-argue-with-an-idiot-demotivational-poster-1282579406.jpg

19. pchewn

pchewn Beaverton Oregon USA Well-Known Member

There should be a "rules committee" or "board of directors" or "safety committee" that you should be able to propose a rule change to. You should "arm" yourself with facts and examples of ranges that allow the kind of shooting you like. Then you should approach the rule-makers with a proposed change. It would also help if you had a list of people ready to join the club if the rules were changed.

Work within the system and you might get what you want.

20. NoHair

I am simply stating that rules have changed there with the new management and IF you are a member you MAY want to contact them to let them know your thoughts on the matter.
    If they find that it was an unpopular decision to make and enough members are unhappy -DID NOT INSINUATE TERMINATING MEMBERSHIP- they MAY reconsider these rules.

Rules of TCGC read

Rapid Firing is permitted, Uncontrolled Firing is not permitted.

This was more of a Public Service Announcement.

NoHair