Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New rules ease ban on guns in national parks

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Joe Link, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Another victory!

Original story here

2. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

"This regulation will put visitors, employees and precious resources of the National Park System at risk. We will do everything possible to overturn it and return to a commonsense approach to guns in national parks that has been working for decades,"

Because concealed carriers shoot at people and animals without reason?

3. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

This is a "VICTORY"?? It requires you to have a permit ,which you have to bribe the government to get, to exercise a god given and constutionally protected right and it also must be O.K. with the state the park is in. Your too easy to please.

4. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Baby steps, my friend. Every time we win a small battle such as this, we gain ground on our opposition (the anti-gun crowd). As much as we'd like to have uninfringed gun rights as enumerated in the constitution, we have to also have to be realistic as to how we're going to win that fight. Short of someone like Ron Paul winning the next presidency, we're going to have to continue fighting small battles here and there in order to achieve our overall goal and win the war.

5. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

My guess is months once the next Administration is in office. Not that I'm against this - especially since my wife's family owns land within a National Park and there are questions about whether firearms are allowed on that private property - but I don't think this is a long-term win.

6. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

executive order, just a stroke of the pen

7. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a list of OK parks. Anyone have that handy?:thumbup: I'm all in favor of this!

The creator of the universe granted us the 'right' to carry lethal weapons in parks? What chapter of Leviticus was that one in? I think I missed it! :) And it's you're (contraction of you are; not your as in, belonging to you.) Just kidding of course. I mean coarse.