JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like the looks of it and I like Ruger semi-autos, but eighteen rounds in a compact? is it/is there a triple stack? My hands don't usually go for the wider grips.
That is with the extended mag. I hope it blends as well with the gun as the XD9 extended mag does.

I personally will not be getting one since I like my XD40 too much to trade it in on the Ruger, but I bet this gun will make a lot of Ruger fans happy. It really shows how much Ruger has changed in the past couple years as far as it's attitude towards carry guns goes.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is what the ever-so dramatic countdown clock on Ruger.com was refering to. Far be it from me to be that cynical guy, but I've got a hard time believing that another compact, polymer framed 9mm is going to "change everything".
-Curtis

Unless I'm mistaken, this is what the ever-so dramatic countdown clock on Ruger.com was refering to. Far be it from me to be that cynical guy, but I've got a hard time believing that another compact, polymer framed 9mm is going to "change everything".
-Curtis
As I mentioned above, it does actually show a big change in the thinking at Ruger. :)

In size and weight, it appears to fall between the G19 and the G26, but closer to the G19. The G26 is 10+1 but will also take the longer mags such as the G19's.

I don't see a niche which was begging to be filled, not even the price point - $550 msrp. ??

I'm with you PBP. I really like the looks of it and its set up but not enough to seperate me from my xd 40 sc... However, I gotta say I really like what Ruger's been coming out with as of late.

Good point. Now if Ruger could just get the quality of an XD, and wait long enough to get the rep of
an XD... :D

Imho both S&W and Ruger dropped the ball on autos for a long time and both have a ladder to climb.

$.02
I would disagree...I do not think that is just your opinion. I think it is pretty much a fact. Both produced boxy and/or bulky guns with little appeal to them. Ruger was the worst offender since they stayed away from the CCW market entirely. Good to see them learning from their mistakes. :)

I love the Rugers but it needs to be in a .40 version. Reason I like it is that I can reach the mag release and also the saftey as I am left handed. All the other compacts are only really set up for the right hand crowd:( I love my Kahr but it sucks not being able to drop the mag with my thumb.

i've been wishing Ruger would do this for years ever since I bought my P94. Always wished it had a little brother. I was never comfortable carrying a Glock 27 for fear of the dreaded Glock Leg Disease or DEA Agent's "Ouch!" I've been searching for the perfect compact 9mm with thumb safety and just finally got a Beretta px4 subcompact to that end. It is sweet, but alas, Ruger just gave me something more to want.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top