JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You beat me to it. This one is duotone. I have the regular 5" SR-1911 and a Para as my only 1911's and right now I'll give the edge to the Ruger.

One thing I noted was it has a polished titanium feed ramp. A couple of alloy framed 1911s I had didn't have anything but the alloy as the ramp and had some serious wear on them after a while. It never affected their function, but having the titanium ramp seems like a giant advantage to me over those without either a ramped barrel or something other than the alloy frame material serving as the ramp. Nice looking pistol.

Ruger is releasing so many new items like the Charger, which now uses AR style grips so you can use the one you want and it has a takedown version of it. They have two new triggers, one a modular unit for the 10-22 / Charger and the other a two stage trigger for small pin AR's (Most are small pin) that comes assembled in a trigger housing module, but it is not a modular trigger. (I have ordered both triggers by the way.) They have the LCR in 9MM and the LCRx with an exposed hammer, the three inch barrel LCRx with a longer grip. The GP100 Match Champion. LC9s striker fired version of the LC9 and the LC9s Pro (No magazine disconnect or external safety) A gas impingement AR, They have the Gunsite Scout now with a much lighter synthetic stock in .308 (an the .223 be far behind?). They have brought back the Red Label shotguns. I am missing a few new items, but the list is long.

This new lightweight Commander seems to be like so many other recent Ruger models a true improvement on a existing and established model. I really like the new one and I will be watching for prices. This could be my next Ruger.

I just looked at the e-mail from Ruger about this gun. I've owned Ruger firearms for years and have always been pleased with them. We have an early SR1911 that I bought when they were first available. It's a great gun and gets many compliments.
I carry a Dan Wesson 1911 and if something happened to it, I'd probably chase down one of the Ruger Commanders and duplicate the CBOB with it.

Folks clamored for a SR1911 Lightweight, and now they've got it. To each their own, but either all-black, or all white is my preference. Not two-tone.

WAYNO.

Folks clamored for a SR1911 Lightweight, and now they've got it. To each their own, but either all-black, or all white is my preference. Not two-tone.

WAYNO.

I have one on order. Ruger 1911 Night Watch.
RU6709.jpg