Buster Beaver Cerakote
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Sporting Systems
Defensive Arts
Simply Triggers
Oregon Rifleworks
J&B Firearm Sales
Southwest Firearms
Another interesting addition from Ruger. There is certainly market for hi cap .380. The one Browning has made for a LONG time comes to mind. Bersa as another poster mentioned is another. Wife bought one of the Bersa's while back. She can NOT shoot the compact 9mm's but, she can and likes the Bersa. Its her "at work" gun now. Round is of course far from ideal but, if someone can not handle the recoil of a small 9 but can a small .380? Pretty easy to see what makes the best choice.
I have a dozen pocket 380's, I also own a Browning BDA 380 it is NOT a pocket pistol, it does have 13 round magazines and you can get a whole hand grip on it.

I will buy me one of these. I have a 380 fetish.

Reactions
I tried one out and it is a lot easier to hold compared to my LCP II with normal mag...with the extended mag on the LCP II, it is pretty close to the grip you get with the Max.

With the Max 12-round mag, it is basically a compact gun grip for me with a LCP length and width. So it's just what I was looking for and my main grip about the LCP II even when I have the extended mag in there.

Like I feel it is semi-enjoyable to actually shoot it versus more of a chore with the LCP II.

I think I know what my next buy will be...someday at least.

SPSharpshooter

Reactions
Just bought the RM380 over the Max. I do think the max is awesome and is a great value. Superior sights. For a pocket gun though, I prefer the much longer and heavier trigger of the RM380.

Reactions
Anyone with the LCP Max 12-Round Magazine...when you put your's in does the gun do the following things:

1. Does not automatically engage slide stop when empty or when pulling slide back unloaded.
2. When you pull the trigger (unloaded and uncocked / uncharged) can you feel the magazine flex when the trigger is pulled to end of the stroke?
3. Slide Lock Lever doesn't release the locked back slide...have to engage lever and rack the slide for it to go into battery.

Mine does all that unloaded (I just got it Today) and I haven't had a chance to break it in. It does NOT do it with the normal 10-round mag.

Reactions
Just bought the RM380 over the Max. I do think the max is awesome and is a great value. Superior sights. For a pocket gun though, I prefer the much longer and heavier trigger of the RM380.
The trigger on the rm380 sucks, I put galloway spring kit and it made it a lot smoother but still long.
With 9mm micro guns so small now a day's I don't carry my 380s at all.

Daddy0

Reactions
Anyone with the LCP Max 12-Round Magazine...when you put your's in does the gun do the following things:

1. Does not automatically engage slide stop when empty or when pulling slide back unloaded.
2. When you pull the trigger (unloaded and uncocked / uncharged) can you feel the magazine flex when the trigger is pulled to end of the stroke?
3. Slide Lock Lever doesn't release the locked back slide...have to engage lever and rack the slide for it to go into battery.

Mine does all that unloaded (I just got it Today) and I haven't had a chance to break it in. It does NOT do it with the normal 10-round mag.
I just took my new LCP Max to the range today for the first time and ran two 12 round and two 10 round mags of ammo through it. I didn't experience any abnormalities with the 12 round mag like you experienced and the 10 round mag worked flawlessly.

Before I'd run any rounds through it, I noticed that when I tried to rack a round into the chamber, it would hang up and needed a second rack to chamber the round. Now that I've run some rounds through, that anomaly has disappeared. The other thing I noticed is the spent brass is pretty gouged up which seems to be a thing with the LCP Max. There's a couple of videos with a fix for it but since I don't reload, it's not a big issue to me.

Reactions
I just took my new LCP Max to the range today for the first time and ran two 12 round and two 10 round mags of ammo through it. I didn't experience any abnormalities with the 12 round mag like you experienced and the 10 round mag worked flawlessly.

Before I'd run any rounds through it, I noticed that when I tried to rack a round into the chamber, it would hang up and needed a second rack to chamber the round. Now that I've run some rounds through, that anomaly has disappeared. The other thing I noticed is the spent brass is pretty gouged up which seems to be a thing with the LCP Max. There's a couple of videos with a fix for it but since I don't reload, it's not a big issue to me.
Gun Mag Warehouse exchanged me a replacement and this one works correctly...just like the factory mags. Yeah the gun does a lot better after running some rounds through it.

Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Let Freedom Ring
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Southwest Firearms
Cerberus Training Group
Sporting Systems

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors January Gun Show
Portland, OR
Wes Knodel Gun Shows
Chehalis, WA
Wes Knodel Gun Shows