JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another interesting addition from Ruger. There is certainly market for hi cap .380. The one Browning has made for a LONG time comes to mind. Bersa as another poster mentioned is another. Wife bought one of the Bersa's while back. She can NOT shoot the compact 9mm's but, she can and likes the Bersa. Its her "at work" gun now. Round is of course far from ideal but, if someone can not handle the recoil of a small 9 but can a small .380? Pretty easy to see what makes the best choice.
I have a dozen pocket 380's, I also own a Browning BDA 380 it is NOT a pocket pistol, it does have 13 round magazines and you can get a whole hand grip on it.

I will buy me one of these. I have a 380 fetish.

I tried one out and it is a lot easier to hold compared to my LCP II with normal mag...with the extended mag on the LCP II, it is pretty close to the grip you get with the Max.

With the Max 12-round mag, it is basically a compact gun grip for me with a LCP length and width. So it's just what I was looking for and my main grip about the LCP II even when I have the extended mag in there.

Like I feel it is semi-enjoyable to actually shoot it versus more of a chore with the LCP II.

I think I know what my next buy will be...someday at least.

Anyone with the LCP Max 12-Round Magazine...when you put your's in does the gun do the following things:

1. Does not automatically engage slide stop when empty or when pulling slide back unloaded.
2. When you pull the trigger (unloaded and uncocked / uncharged) can you feel the magazine flex when the trigger is pulled to end of the stroke?
3. Slide Lock Lever doesn't release the locked back slide...have to engage lever and rack the slide for it to go into battery.

Mine does all that unloaded (I just got it Today) and I haven't had a chance to break it in. It does NOT do it with the normal 10-round mag.

Just bought the RM380 over the Max. I do think the max is awesome and is a great value. Superior sights. For a pocket gun though, I prefer the much longer and heavier trigger of the RM380.
The trigger on the rm380 sucks, I put galloway spring kit and it made it a lot smoother but still long.
With 9mm micro guns so small now a day's I don't carry my 380s at all.

Anyone with the LCP Max 12-Round Magazine...when you put your's in does the gun do the following things:

1. Does not automatically engage slide stop when empty or when pulling slide back unloaded.
2. When you pull the trigger (unloaded and uncocked / uncharged) can you feel the magazine flex when the trigger is pulled to end of the stroke?
3. Slide Lock Lever doesn't release the locked back slide...have to engage lever and rack the slide for it to go into battery.

Mine does all that unloaded (I just got it Today) and I haven't had a chance to break it in. It does NOT do it with the normal 10-round mag.
I just took my new LCP Max to the range today for the first time and ran two 12 round and two 10 round mags of ammo through it. I didn't experience any abnormalities with the 12 round mag like you experienced and the 10 round mag worked flawlessly.

Before I'd run any rounds through it, I noticed that when I tried to rack a round into the chamber, it would hang up and needed a second rack to chamber the round. Now that I've run some rounds through, that anomaly has disappeared. The other thing I noticed is the spent brass is pretty gouged up which seems to be a thing with the LCP Max. There's a couple of videos with a fix for it but since I don't reload, it's not a big issue to me.

I just took my new LCP Max to the range today for the first time and ran two 12 round and two 10 round mags of ammo through it. I didn't experience any abnormalities with the 12 round mag like you experienced and the 10 round mag worked flawlessly.

Before I'd run any rounds through it, I noticed that when I tried to rack a round into the chamber, it would hang up and needed a second rack to chamber the round. Now that I've run some rounds through, that anomaly has disappeared. The other thing I noticed is the spent brass is pretty gouged up which seems to be a thing with the LCP Max. There's a couple of videos with a fix for it but since I don't reload, it's not a big issue to me.
Gun Mag Warehouse exchanged me a replacement and this one works correctly...just like the factory mags. Yeah the gun does a lot better after running some rounds through it.

Old thread but figured I'd add to this one vs starting a new one.

I just wanted to report my recent experience with my max. Bought it in Feb and shot maybe 200 rounds through it. I pocket carry it almost everyday/anytime outside the house when I'm not carrying aiwb my 365xl.

It is always in the holster and never dropped.

But today at the range I shot one 12 round magazine and reloaded with a fresh magazine. When I brought gun up to sight in to shoot I noticed something was off. Took my pea brain a second to notice my front sight was missing?!

Searched all around behind the firing/clear line but no dice. Couldn't find it.

I sent Ruger an email about it when I got home.

Hopefully they send me a replacement but still kind of disappointing. If this happened during a situation i needed it for self defense it would have been bad.

20230920_162151.jpg

Old thread but figured I'd add to this one vs starting a new one.

I just wanted to report my recent experience with my max. Bought it in Feb and shot maybe 200 rounds through it. I pocket carry it almost everyday/anytime outside the house when I'm not carrying aiwb my 365xl.

It is always in the holster and never dropped.

But today at the range I shot one 12 round magazine and reloaded with a fresh magazine. When I brought gun up to sight in to shoot I noticed something was off. Took my pea brain a second to notice my front sight was missing?!

Searched all around behind the firing/clear line but no dice. Couldn't find it.

I sent Ruger an email about it when I got home.

Hopefully they send me a replacement but still kind of disappointing. If this happened during a situation i needed it for self defense it would have been bad.

View attachment 1491142
Bummer. Did not know they had gone to a dovetail front on those. Do you remember if it had a set screw? If not I would put one in on the new sight which hopefully they will send you free. Let us know if they do send you a new one free.

Bummer. Did not know they had gone to a dovetail front on those. Do you remember if it had a set screw? If not I would put one in on the new sight which hopefully they will send you free. Let us know if they do send you a new one free.
No set screw.

I was really surprised that this happened. I'm going to have to research and see if I can find if other people have had this happen to them.

No set screw.

I was really surprised that this happened. I'm going to have to research and see if I can find if other people have had this happen to them.
Yours is the first time I have heard it so hopefully a fluke. Hopefully they will replace it too. I have LCPII's is both .22 and .380 and they did not dovetail the front like that.Odd that they decided to do it for the larger capacity model. In any case looking forward to hear how Ruger handles this.

IDK about the LCPII but the MAX has a trijicon front sight. "Some people", myself included, have complained the weapon consistently shoots low. I sent mine back to Ruger and they said it shoots fine, you just need to use a combat sight picture. The front sight is big and long story short the S&W bodyguard sight fits the MAX and has a lower profile. Although it isn't tritium it converts the sight picture to a more conventional format. Midwest gunworks have them. -> 396880000 Smith & Wesson M&P Bodyguard 380 Front Sight $4.62

IDK about the LCPII but the MAX has a trijicon front sight. "Some people", myself included, have complained the weapon consistently shoots low. I sent mine back to Ruger and they said it shoots fine, you just need to use a combat sight picture. The front sight is big and long story short the S&W bodyguard sight fits the MAX and has a lower profile. Although it isn't tritium it converts the sight picture to a more conventional format. Midwest gunworks have them. -> 396880000 Smith & Wesson M&P Bodyguard 380 Front Sight $4.62
Yeah it was definitely shooting low and left right before it fell off and I was thinking it might have been because the loose sight. But after reading up on it it appears to be a common complaint about the max.
Yours is the first time I have heard it so hopefully a fluke. Hopefully they will replace it too. I have LCPII's is both .22 and .380 and they did not dovetail the front like that.Odd that they decided to do it for the larger capacity model. In any case looking forward to hear how Ruger handles this.
I found a few people on ruger forums that had similar thing happen with their MAX. But I think ruger will make it right. Just waiting for a reply.

I was recently at the range and one of the guns I had with me was a Ruger Max (my 2nd one). I shot two magazines a 10 and a 12, I have now shot about 2500 rounds through the two guns, primarily at 12.5 yards.
My gun also shot low and left, Ruger supplied a new barrel and slide which helped but didn't solve the problem. I then installed a fiber optic front sight and blacked out rear which is my preference for iron sights and the pistol now hits point of aim / point of impact.

I was recently at the range and one of the guns I had with me was a Ruger Max (my 2nd one). I shot two magazines a 10 and a 12, I have now shot about 2500 rounds through the two guns, primarily at 12.5 yards.
My gun also shot low and left, Ruger supplied a new barrel and slide which helped but didn't solve the problem. I then installed a fiber optic front sight and blacked out rear which is my preference for iron sights and the pistol now hits point of aim / point of impact.
Nice. You may be one of the early purchasers. Ruger does try hard to please and I have liked every firearm they made ....... except the Mini-14 and well this one..

OK now that would explain the dovetail then. Nice that there is some options for them due to this. With all of mine if I wanted a different front it would require a Smith to put a dovetail on them.

Following the footsteps of the Max 9, Ruger upped the LCPs capacity. Not much change in size. I carried a LCP for a very long time. Though I finally jumped over to 9mm vs the smaller 380, I might go back! Maybe… Nothing beat the comfort and forgettable size of the LCP in all my years of various carry guns. My current Diamondback is so close in size to the LCP, but it doesn't have the capacity like these newer double stacks. Still slimmer, but not by a whole lot. Is 10 or 12 rounds of 380 better than 6 of 9mm? Beats me. 2020 and 2021 sure have been the years for concealed pistol options!
View attachment 983813
View attachment 983814
I will take the more powerful bullets of my DB9 over the higher number of bullets in my LCP. I do find my LCP smaller and lighter than my DB9 enough to carry it some times. My LCP is great if I am wearing shorts or similar. But my usual carry piece is my DB9.

Ruger did send me a new replacement front sight. Should be here Tuesday.

I'll get it put on and take it to the range and see if it shoots off center with new sight.