JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mine wasn't safe to use as a reliable defense firearm out of the box. I would get jams every couple of rounds with various types of ammo. I pulled her down and found a ton of burrs in the stainless slide. They were all over the rail and even where the slide locks into the barrel. It looked like it was straight off the machine where only the external part was deburred. I took me quite a while to clean them up with a stone before she would run correctly.

Who ever was on QC that day let it slide ...

I received the Monday and installed it the next day. Just need to get out to the range now.
When you pushed it in was it offering enough resistance? As in does not feel like it will be able to work its way out again? Have to hope that the original sight was under size allowing it to work its way out. If this one starts to move too would have to guess the dovetail is out of spec. Hopefully it was just a out of spec front that was original.

When you pushed it in was it offering enough resistance? As in does not feel like it will be able to work its way out again? Have to hope that the original sight was under size allowing it to work its way out. If this one starts to move too would have to guess the dovetail is out of spec. Hopefully it was just a out of spec front that was original.
I'm kinda wondering the same thing. Like how on Earth did it fall out the first time?

I used a cheap Amazon pusher, see below, and it gave minimal resistance but similar to my glock rear sight.

If it works its way lose again ill probably see about returning the whole gun back to ruger and request they examine it thoroughly. Screenshot_20231013_114152.jpg

I'm kinda wondering the same thing. Like how on Earth did it fall out the first time?

I used a cheap Amazon pusher, see below, and it gave minimal resistance but similar to my glock rear sight.

If it works its way lose again ill probably see about returning the whole gun back to ruger and request they examine it thoroughly.View attachment 1740049
If it needs to go back hopefully Ruger will just send and RMA and pay for it.

They'll email a FedeX sticker. You just need to box it up and take it to an 'official' FedEx location. They say you need to notify the counter person.. I forgot when I sent mine back. Didn't se off any alarms..