JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Following the footsteps of the Max 9, Ruger upped the LCPs capacity. Not much change in size. I carried a LCP for a very long time. Though I finally jumped over to 9mm vs the smaller 380, I might go back! Maybe… Nothing beat the comfort and forgettable size of the LCP in all my years of various carry guns. My current Diamondback is so close in size to the LCP, but it doesn't have the capacity like these newer double stacks. Still slimmer, but not by a whole lot. Is 10 or 12 rounds of 380 better than 6 of 9mm? Beats me. 2020 and 2021 sure have been the years for concealed pistol options!
1625102875658.jpeg
1625102904710.jpeg

If this is as good as the lcp II, I have a feeling it's going to do very well and soon be copied. I'd actually like one for a pocket carry.
You bet that SW either already has something in the works to replace the Bodyguard.

Glock will re-release the 42 with the same capacity but slightly longer grip.

Tuarus might revamp the TCP.

You bet that SW either already has something in the works to replace the Bodyguard.

Glock will re-release the 42 with the same capacity but slightly longer grip.

Tuarus might revamp the TCP.
You don't think Glock will double stack the 42?

Now, if Kimber did a double stack 2011 style in their micro 380 line...that, I'd buy in a heartbeat.

Another interesting addition from Ruger. There is certainly market for hi cap .380. The one Browning has made for a LONG time comes to mind. Bersa as another poster mentioned is another. Wife bought one of the Bersa's while back. She can NOT shoot the compact 9mm's but, she can and likes the Bersa. Its her "at work" gun now. Round is of course far from ideal but, if someone can not handle the recoil of a small 9 but can a small .380? Pretty easy to see what makes the best choice.

I carry my LCP II daily and am interested since my body frame is slim. Better to have something than nothing. Plus if my existing holsters are compatible that would be a bonus.

Last Edited:
Another interesting addition from Ruger. There is certainly market for hi cap .380. The one Browning has made for a LONG time comes to mind. Bersa as another poster mentioned is another. Wife bought one of the Bersa's while back. She can NOT shoot the compact 9mm's but, she can and likes the Bersa. Its her "at work" gun now. Round is of course far from ideal but, if someone can not handle the recoil of a small 9 but can a small .380? Pretty easy to see what makes the best choice.
Those Browning/Berettas are pretty huge for a .380 but they're super nice shooters.

I'd like to see them improve the trigger. I've had two LCPs and they were not fun to shoot.

The II trigger is why Wife came home with the first one in .380. She always disliked the LONG pull of her 2 EDC .32's. A sales guy let her handle a LCPII and the trigger feels like Glock so she of course loved that. Recoil was way too much for her but, trigger is a day and night difference. The .380 version is why my old KT .380 got re homed. I do have to use a pocket holster now but the trigger was worth it to me. For anyone who likes the pocket pistols as a BUG or as an alternative to those times they would have nothing but hated those long trigger pulls these are great.

The II trigger is why Wife came home with the first one in .380. She always disliked the LONG pull of her 2 EDC .32's. A sales guy let her handle a LCPII and the trigger feels like Glock so she of course loved that. Recoil was way too much for her but, trigger is a day and night difference. The .380 version is why my old KT .380 got re homed. I do have to use a pocket holster now but the trigger was worth it to me. For anyone who likes the pocket pistols as a BUG or as an alternative to those times they would have nothing but hated those long trigger pulls these are great.
Good to know, thanks for the feedback. I'm going to have to check one of these new Max's out. Been thinking about a pocket gun lately, just for summer weather. :)

Impressive they managed to keep it the same size. I'd really like to get my hands on one to see. Would make a mini .380 much less of a compromise

I'm happy they added the tritium sight. It will be interesting to handle one. Some of the micro 9's look interesting but still large to conceal on my body type. So the .380 allows the arm and an extra mag. Just wish Ruger would get a better slide finish.