JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was at Safeway checking out the mags when I spotted the new issue of Shooting times and guess what was on the cover the" Ruger 1911"
Its stainless and real purty and MSRP is around $800 looks like we thin the herd tonight.

Except for the Ruger traditional revolvers, which are exceptional; the probability is that this is yet another flawed design. Almost all of their recent semi-autos have been recalled. I would not buy one no matter what anybody said about it. I love their revolvers, but that is where it stops. Dollar of dollar I buy somewhere else--no matter what the cost. And, I would not follow the herd to buy this one at all. Just my 2 cents.

I saw the "sneak peek" for the Shooting times cover a little while ago. I received the mag and read the article.

I, too will buy one of these guns.

I also remember the 375 Max. I had one for several years. A friend of mine still owns it. It was a bunch O fun to shoot, but like any "specialty" cartridge reloading was the only way to shoot it without going broke.

I'm used to the Chevrolet guys in high school trash talking my Mustang.

The Ruger haters must be a similar bunch to the high school Chevy fans. Or, just come here when craigslist "rants and raves" bores them.

Except for the Ruger traditional revolvers, which are exceptional; the probability is that this is yet another flawed design. Almost all of their recent semi-autos have been recalled. I would not buy one no matter what anybody said about it. I love their revolvers, but that is where it stops. Dollar of dollar I buy somewhere else--no matter what the cost. And, I would not follow the herd to buy this one at all. Just my 2 cents.

Except that Ruger seems to recall their pistol and then it works well. I might not be in a hurry to buy a first run on the Ruger 1911, I may get one eventually. After all, its a series 70 1911. They didn't have to do any design, just building. Even Taurus managed to build a 1911 without screwing it up too bad (except again for that whole quality control thing)...

Yup, just what the world needed another 1911 mfg....lol. Seems like every mfg is grabbing for the same markets (Micro carry, 1911s & AR15s). I would never buy one, but I'm sure ther are enough Ruger guys out there that will be very happy to hear this news.

Why does everyone get so excited when a different company comes out with a pistol they call "new" when it has been around for 100 years?

Don't get me wrong they are a great gun and I own a few.

I think even Ruger can make a 1911 that will work. How well it shoots is the question I want answered. The only room in the 1911 market I see is to make one that shoots as good as a kimber but cost less, but Para ordinance did exactly that with their GI expert. At least it comes pretty close to the kimber even with a crapy trigger and cheap grips, but I'm doubtful that Ruger could make a better or cheaper version, and will be counting on their name to sell these.

Eh, there has never been a Ruger that I would consider a needful thing. Ruger has always been able to make a quility design feel cheap. Now with Colt finally getting back in the 1911 game along w/ Springfield Armory continuing to make great 1911s, I don't really see a need for an investment cast & MIMed Ruger in my 1911 collection. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to be recalled.

Rugers are typically hammer forged then milled. I have no doubt they will build a quality 1911.

The slide is milled, the frame is investment cast. Ruger's been using the investment casting process for many years and builds many component parts for other firearm manufacturers.

I have no doubt that Ruger will turn out a fine 1911.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top