Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NEW Ruger 10/22 Rifle Stainless

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by jkraig, Mar 24, 2009.

1. jkraig

jkraig West Linn, Oregon New Member

Sold

2. bersaguy

bersaguy Oregon Member

Would you sell it without the scope? How much?

Thanks.

3. jkraig

I sure will. $260.00 for just the gun, or $350.00 with the scope. It's a $140.00 scope, so it's a better deal as a complete package.

4. jkraig

This is the gun my son wanted just 2 days after I bought the above gun. I am picking it up tomorrow.

5. Contento

Contento Seattle Member

kids these days!!!!

Realistically how much better will he shoot the bull barrel than the regular 10/22? I think somebody is "sparing the rod";)

6. jkraig

LOL - I am sure it was just the looks. We actually just went and picked it up. He couldn't wait until tomorrow. A very nice gun it is.

7. tionico

tionico Thurston County Well-Known Member

I think the "kid" is caught up on the "I be kewl" bit.... when I was a kid, I'd have done ANYTHING to own a gun half as nice as that first 10/22. In fact, when I turned sixteen Dad bought me a cheap JC Higgins bolt action repeater /22 with a five round clip. Boy, was I STYLIN!!! That crazy thing never did shoot straight. Get it sighted at fifty yards, and at a hundred it was way off to the side. Sight it in there, closer it was off the other way. I think the stupid barrel was BENT, I do. It got stolen when I was in college (yes, in those days one could actually keep it in a college dorm!!! TERRORISTS!!) and I didn't cry--- I laughed.

Maybe that lad will settle down and really learn to SHOOT that thing with all the wierd holes and pegs. Oh, and that fat barrel. The 10/22 Carbine I bought in 1980 will still drop a dog at 150 yards, and that's with the cheap, small scope its got. What else does a guy need to tend the "spread"?

8. candyman

candyman Scappoose, OR Active Member

you should take him hunting befor you sell the first one
    if he can only have one the first is a much better choice

i keep both cause i cant hunt with mine
    about 3 miles in your thinkin f it ill pick it up on the way back out

9. jkraig

Sale Pending

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.