JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It doesn't exist yet as I am planning a build. So far I've given serious thought to a Surgeon Action and a Benchmark barrel in .308 cal.

I want a real good tactical style stock but nothing that folds. Any suggestions.

McMillan? H-S Precision? Only real "absolute" is that it has to have an integral action block that will accept the Rem 700 or clone actions.

Also looking for ideas on bottom metal. Badger Ordnance? CDI? H-S Precision? Want something that will use the AICS 10 round detachable magazine.

Trigger: Shillen? Jewell? Other?

Lastly, optics. So far I'm considering US Optics, Leupold, and even the Meopta ZD 6-24x56. I've been impressed by the clarity of their optics in some of their other scopes and supposedly this scope has been designed for use with the 7.62X51 NATO round.

Not interested in the Nightforce line. Nothing wrong, just a personal choice.

I'm interested in any and all suggestions. This will probably be the last bolt action rifle I'll build, that is if my wife's threats are to be believed:cool:

another option for a stock would be one of the aluminum chassis' out there. they can be had for a similar price to a decked out mcmillan and don't need bedded. Mcree and XLR industries are just a couple in that price range. Also on optics there is the Vortex Razor HD

and don't need bedded.

I found out that that isn't always the case. If the action block is machined to the same dimensions as the action AND the action hasn't been polished post machining it may work.

I have a 700 5R Milspec with H-S Precision stock. After a few hundred rounds my groups started opening up vertically. I took a real close look at the action block and action itself and found it was making contact at only three points. A skim coat of Devcon 10110 and everything went right back to where it started which was great. Ragged one-hole groups from a "factory" rifle are hard to argue with.

Thanks for the suggestions and I'll take a look at these companies and their offerings.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top