JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It was a long road that lead me to this rifle. I had ordered a Colt Commander a year ago and it never showed. Rather than seek a refund, I looked through my dealer's accounts and saw he had an account with Christensen Arms.

I am familiar with M700s and usually put a lot of money into one before its field ready. The Christensen Mesa appeared to come from the factory with a decent stock and finish, so I ordered one in 300 Win Mag (no man bun stuff for me).

It came yesterday and I got it scoped up with a Vortex Viper in Warne mounts and rings. I hope to shoot it soon!
1A70F122-123B-4BAF-A104-E53E46C9C746.jpeg

6.5 ManBun (aka 6.5 Creedmoor)
I think the 260 Rem and 6.5 Swede guys made it up.

Nice rifle !
Christensen is one of the best buys in long range capable rifles.
Dammit, now I have to grow a man bun? Hey it's the man behind the rifle not the bun! :D

I 'll be curious to see how that rifle shoots. From what I have gathered their Qc has been a little hit and miss and you either get a great rifle or one that needs some attention. Kind of like a Kimber.

My brother bought the Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC and it is amazingly accurate. However, he lost a bull elk last season due to the extractor breaking. He shot an elk and it went down. He tried to work the action for a follow-up shot and the extractor broke. The bull got up and was never seen again.

He sent the rifle back and they fixed it and apologized profusely, but he has lost faith in the rifle to do it's job. A quick web search shows a fair number of folks having extractor issues. Might want to do some research and see if there's anything pro-active you can do to prevent issues.

My brother bought the Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC and it is amazingly accurate. However, he lost a bull elk last season due to the extractor breaking. He shot an elk and it went down. He tried to work the action for a follow-up shot and the extractor broke. The bull got up and was never seen again.

He sent the rifle back and they fixed it and apologized profusely, but he has lost faith in the rifle to do it's job. A quick web search shows a fair number of folks having extractor issues. Might want to do some research and see if there's anything pro-active you can do to prevent issues.
I know the feeling. I had a tikka cost me an elk and I ended up selling it.

Haha, I did. I bought 2 extra. They use M16 extractors, which is odd because these extractors are used on a bunch of rifles and are considered a "fix" on M700s.

It was a long road that lead me to this rifle. I had ordered a Colt Commander a year ago and it never showed. Rather than seek a refund, I looked through my dealer's accounts and saw he had an account with Christensen Arms.

I am familiar with M700s and usually put a lot of money into one before its field ready. The Christensen Mesa appeared to come from the factory with a decent stock and finish, so I ordered one in 300 Win Mag (no man bun stuff for me).

It came yesterday and I got it scoped up with a Vortex Viper in Warne mounts and rings. I hope to shoot it soon!
View attachment 811522
....that's nice.
I wonder if they'd do a Mesa in .358 Winchester for me.....:)