JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not everyone shops solely on price. People want what they want. The more options, the merrier.

FWIW, the last express model 870's I handled were less than stellar. Hopefully the new ownership can change this, but the video posted above isn't inspiring confidence.

I'm waiting on a Model Seven in 7mm-08.

My only two complaints with 870s produced in the past 20 years is having to hone out new receivers and when Remington decided to go with plastic trigger assemblies. With that typed I'll still take a beater 870 over a Mossberg or Winchester any day.

For me, given years of hard use and abuse, I have learned the subtilties between the two brands 870 and 500 series do make all the difference in the world! For me, the ease of take down for cleaning and service of both is super easy but the 870 has a definitive advantage here, there are no small parts to fall out and misplace, and it's pretty slick to do on the fly when needed, not that they really need it often, but you run them in the conditions we did, things will fail when you need them most! No to bash on the Mossy, it's a very good design and very reliable and robust, but the Remmy just ticks all the boxes for me!

As far as the "Tactical" version, it has the specific features i'm most looking for, the Ghost Ring rifle sights ( Which can take a trit insert,) mag extension, as well as the threaded muzzle for chokes and drilled and tapped receiver! By the time you add a few of those things to the "Express" you actually spend MORE, for less!

For me, given years of hard use and abuse, I have learned the subtilties between the two brands 870 and 500 series do make all the difference in the world! For me, the ease of take down for cleaning and service of both is super easy but the 870 has a definitive advantage here, there are no small parts to fall out and misplace, and it's pretty slick to do on the fly when needed, not that they really need it often, but you run them in the conditions we did, things will fail when you need them most! No to bash on the Mossy, it's a very good design and very reliable and robust, but the Remmy just ticks all the boxes for me!

As far as the "Tactical" version, it has the specific features i'm most looking for, the Ghost Ring rifle sights ( Which can take a trit insert,) mag extension, as well as the threaded muzzle for chokes and drilled and tapped receiver! By the time you add a few of those things to the "Express" you actually spend MORE, for less!
While I had mine it was always my go to for clay busting. Yup I just letr rip with the door breach choke. :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top