JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I could do that 870 DM Hardwood (81351) especially if I could change the pump to a corn cob style. Street price around $450. Much more then that and my 8rd 20" will do just fine.

81351_REM_870_DM_12ga_18in_CYL_BS_HDWD_right_1.jpg

81348X_REM_870_DM_SYN_TACT_12ga_CYL_BS_TAC14_right.jpg

^ Both neat-o, albeit for different reasons. If I was just getting started in the scattergun world, I would be tempted. However, we're kind of set on the smoothbores now, so I don't see buying any of these any time soon. Still, I have to give Remington kudos for coming up with a new line. :)

My only bubblegum is they should have figured out a way to still use the mag tube and ended up with a 6 + 8 + 1
Well figure it out and you'll make a fortune! I can see a possible use for the gun but now that I'm not a LEO that use just isn't there any longer.

I also see where the magazine will really throw off the balance point and that is VERY important when Point Shooting with a Shotgun.

That' a really cool idea, especially the "non-shotgun, shotgun". The only thing I think could be more Gangster is a Tommy Gun! BOB, anyone?

The only thing I think could be more Gangster is a Tommy Gun! BOB, anyone?
A Thompson was the first Gun I fired when I was about 6. My Dad was a Captain in the Army. Now Many years later I'd like to get my hands on another. I have had my hands on several while I was on Active Duty but for some silly reason "They" wouldn't let me bring any of those home. But I did get to shoot them while I could.

I own one of the current crop of Thompsons and maybe I'll be able to put the right Barrel on it but I'm really not sure I want to put all the Bucks into something that isn't the Real Thing.

I don't really see the point either. It's an interesting idea, but you are wasting the tube space, replacing a known high reliability action with one that might not be, and ya the weight distribution seems like it night be off. I think I will stick with my 7+1 590.

Well not for me...
I really like how the balance point of the 870 is right in the middle of the receiver ( at least for me ).
On the DM version..that's where the magazine is....yuck.
Andy
The gamer boys will of course like it. The balance will probably be better with a 12 round box mag compared to a 12 round tube.
It's interesting anyway.

See what happens when you don't get invited to play games...:D
I didn't think of those guys in 3 gun or whatever....just was thinking of how my 870 feels and what a box magazine would do for the balance of the gun while toting it for miles while after grouse and the like....
Andy