JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
See what happens when you don't get invited to play games...:D
I didn't think of those guys in 3 gun or whatever....just was thinking of how my 870 feels and what a box magazine would do for the balance of the gun while toting it for miles while after grouse and the like....
Andy

I played Doom and "Doom 3" years ago and the BFG9000 is one I liked and though the chain machine gun was my second choice. Further away targets i used the grenade launcher but care was need when targets were close since if do damage to your character or kill if you launched too close.

Hole~E~molllie that thing is fuggly
Fugly yes, but 10,15,20 round compactish mags could be worth it. The only bad thing I see is the button mag release, I'd prefer a paddle style since you have to rock it in and out. I'll wait until both (or either) options prove reliable before I decide which one to buy, but the extra mag capacity is definitely a plus in mossberg's corner.

Last Edited:
I am a 870 guy, but this clearly looks like a better system than that of the Remington... Not sure if I would buy one but if I bought a 870 detachable mag gun I would always be pissed the 590 had better mag options.

Well the point of the box fed 870 is..............
getting around the stupid gun laws and for self defense.

Point one - most states do not allow you to carry a loaded long gun. If you want to carry a 870 for its reliability you are screwed unless you can get to your shells and do some pretty fast reloading. Now you can have it unloaded and jack in a mag and cycle your pump and are good to go.

Point Two - Self Defense - At home you can have you 870 unloaded also if that is what you feel comfortable with and have the ability to load fast. For Leo or camping use you have the option to use a color coded mag for non lethal round, bird, buck or slugs depending on the need.

Put a Blackhawk Knoxx stock on it and you have little recoil to boot.

I think it is a home run.

I currently have three 870's but if I needed a defensive shotgun for any real purpose I would most likely grab my Benelli M4.

I can see the point of a mag fed shotgun, but the Benelli with a few extra rounds handy is pretty hard to beat. It will hold more ammo than the maxed out 870 mag gun, If I need more ammo I'll just grab a 870 and keep shooting :D

So are the Sidewinder Venom retrofit kits obsolete now?
I'm going to say probably, but it looks like Mossberg at least took some cues from the Sidewinder; they both use notches that interface with the magazine, and I think the Sidewinder box mags are double stack. There's one issue with the Mossberg, unless they have a mag block, you can't use it for hunting not that it's particularly suited for that.

$800 retail for the 590 rail version.... $721 for the cheap one.

Maybe you would be better off with three standard 590's and just swapping rather than changing mags :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top