JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finally got one of the projects that I wanted to do over break done. Threw it together with 2x6s and a sheet of finished plywood. It should work out pretty good, although it still moves a tiny bit since its on carpet, but anything is better than the computer desk that I was using.

I still don't have all my presses set up on it, but I have it set up so that I can move which ever press I am using to the center, clamp with a C-clamp, then put it somewhere else when not in use.

I would definitely suggest building a good sturdy bench if you're going to get into doing a lot of loading.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

Next thing I want to get done is turn all of the components I have laying around into loaded ammo. :D

The dillon is great at turning these;

IMG_0006.jpg
IMG_0007.jpg

Into this;

IMG_0011.jpg

great looking bench but storage shelves would make the whole thing easier buy freeing up space.

Yeah I might add on some shelves as time comes. But I have a bunch of other bins set up for component storage in the same room, just haven't figured out if I want to store it all in the same place (its a lot of weight)

Great setup! I haven't bought my press yet, but I am (hopefully) employing my super handy bro-in law to help build me something similar. I have to ask though, do you feel that the C Clamps sturdy enough to hold the press down?

Great setup! I haven't bought my press yet, but I am (hopefully) employing my super handy bro-in law to help build me something similar. I have to ask though, do you feel that the C Clamps sturdy enough to hold the press down?

Well I messed up and forgot that the 550 has the cartridge bin right in the place where I wanted to put another C-clamp. But I've already ran a hundred rounds through it will only one clamp, and its pretty sturdy. But I do plan on cutting another board to a longer length so I can run two clamps on the dillon (or just get around to getting a strong mount)

I love C clamps (Harbor Freight.) It lets me swap out presses or even completely remove presses and use the table for something else.

Really nice setup. I need to rig something indoors. My bench is in the garage, even though I keep all components indoors and just take out what I need.

I keep my bench in the garage as well but found if the powder is in a cheap safe it seems to be okay.
p.s. a cedar closet closet block works as a dehumidimier in both a gun and powder safe.

How thick is the plywood? Do you have a picture of the computer table you were using?

The only thing wrong with that whole setup is the cat litter tray!

If I recall correctly, its 3/4" plywood. I dont have any pics of the last desk, but it was one of those cheap metal and wood walmart $20 desks, and no matter how well you try to put it together, it never fits tight.

I was wondering. I can see how that might not be good for reloading if it's cheap and light.

Here's what I was thinking I might use. It's a computer desk, but it's REALLY sturdy. The top is 1" thick and the legs supports are steel. From the 1980s I think. :) I've got 1 3ft, and two 5' ones. They are 30" deep so I could set up a cabinet on the rear of it also. I think I'll use the 5' since it'd give me more space.

Photo0040.jpg

That would work fine. If the top is chipboard with a wood veneer and it breaks, you can always replace it with plywood.

My first table was sturdy enough but too light weight and not well balanced. I'd pull the handle and the table would want to tip forward. I put a lag bolt in the floor in the back, right through the carpet, and used a tie down strap to the back of the table. Those were the days. :D

I was concerned about long term strength and flex so instead of plywood I decided to use a solid core fire rated door as my bench.

pegboard display was for photo op only :)
it's for tools and trays.

I'm quite spoiled - I have the use of the downstairs master suite as my home office and so my reloading bench lives there and I have the safes in the closet and my own bathroom.

I wanted a big bench so I can reload and also clean my rifles without having to sit cross legged on the floor like I used to do!

I have a cabinet shop and on all our workbenches at the shop and home including the reloading bench, have 1 1/8" MDF. Easy to cut, route and seal if you want. It is hard and smooth for cleanup.

I used two sheets of 3/4" put together fore-ever with rubber cement; be sure to apply to both sides--dry--then stick. then I put formica on front/sides--trim--then top. Makes sweeping the spilled powder off.
My frame is corner 4X4s braced by 2X4s top and bottom on the Sides; then plywood across the back/bottom about 10" high and a 10" shelf out from that backing board. It is sturdy.
It got an H-framed shelf at the top surface against the wall approx. 8" deep 28" wide.
Good Luck to all. Build it yourself and be Proud.

Woo hoo!
Many thanks to my bro-in law for building this setup for my small room. I'm so stoked! The top piece used to be a changing table he made for his daughters. Talk about a recycle!

Now I'm just waiting on all my components.....

bench.jpg

Woo hoo!
Many thanks to my bro-in law for building this setup for my small room. I'm so stoked! The top piece used to be a changing table he made for his daughters. Talk about a recycle!

That's cool Micah!
I took over a corner of the Garage and recycled some old drafting countertops from my old office, into a nifty reloading corner...spacious and very stable...problem is...its cool...to cool in the garage at night. Next thing to add is a heater, shelves and a good light! Take care, Rex :s0155:

DSC05081.jpg

ZeroRing...there's a gravity interruptor under the inside corner...works great, but the engineering fee was really expensive! :s0112:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top