JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use a universal depriming die that doesn't try to size the case. Don't have to lube it during that step. Then I throw them in the tumbler. I still have the decapping pin in the regular RCBS sizer die so it knocks out any media that might be in the primer pocket.

elsie

I use a universal depriming die that doesn't try to size the case. Don't have to lube it during that step. Then I throw them in the tumbler. I still have the decapping pin in the regular RCBS sizer die so it knocks out any media that might be in the primer pocket.

elsie

That's kind of a neat trick. I'll have to try that next time.

>If you see the lube it is too much.
In most cases, if you can FEEL the lube, you have too much.
I don't like One Shot--too thick and tacky for me. If I don't want to use my lube pad, I use Dillon or Frankford Arsenal aerosol lube (and give the cases a minute or so to dry).
I still think the lube pad is the way to go. Never had a stuck case and never had lube dents.
In my opinion, the only thing to worry about in a primer pocket is sometimes there is some white powder residue and that has interfered with primer seating. So, I deprime (Lee Universal Depriming Die) while sorting and inspecting cases and tumble for about 30 minutes in 20/40 corn. The black residue is meaningless to me. The soot left on the neck seems to work like a dry lube (as I have never had any problems with the expander stretching a case or having any resistance to the die coming out of the case) and the primer knows nothing except it is seated and has some anvil pressure.
Ultrasonic and Stainless Pins can be fun, but not necessary to get the best out of your ammo--but they do clean quite well.

you sure that's once fired brass?
some of those look like they're developing cracks. it's possible that it's my eyes playing tricks on me...been up for 20 hours.

As far as the dents...everyone already told you the problem. Most if not all of those should come out once you fire it.

Good question and answers will probably vary but I only 'double' clean when I start seeing excessive buildup in the primer pockets. Depending on the powder and the load primer pockets sometimes stay cleaner longer that you might expect.

i do because it's quick. i use an ultrasonic cleaner. takes a fraction of a tumbler to clean and you don't have to worry about getting all the media out of it. BUT...you need to make sure the brass is completely dry before loading. either let it air dry or shove it in the oven. my wife doesn't like me using her oven for this so i just air dry them for a few days.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top