JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From the "Crime is down" department: :s0155:

New CPL record: Number of armed WA citizens continues to climb

The number of active Washington concealed pistol licenses (CPLs) reached a new high today with more than 341,000 citizens legally able to carry a defensive sidearm concealed in this state, a figure that is almost 4,000 higher than the number reported by this column back on May 31.

<broken link removed>

Maybe it's because so easy to apply. :s0155:

Bad economy = More bad thoughts

I hop they carry them for right reason. Not to become a tough guy. ;)

Getting the permit does not mean you intend to carry. I am got my CPL and don't have immediate plans, but I now have the ability.

I believe those who go through the process show more responsibility. It is easy to apply, but you still have to pass the background check.

Just my 2 cents.

Chris

Every time some store posts "No Firearms" we should tell them that they are basically telling 341,000 customers to go BLEEP off. . . . What business can afford to do that in this economy?

Every time some store posts "No Firearms" we should tell them that they are basically telling 341,000 customers to go BLEEP off. . . . What business can afford to do that in this economy?

They wouldn't even thing twice about telling they don't care. CPL holders only make up 5% of the state population and only 7% of the population that is aged 21 or over. There are plenty companies that can afford to do that in this economy, especially when you take into account that there is only 4.8 cpl holders per square mile.

Businesses look at statistics. Even though the density of CPL holders is going to be higher in Sno, King, and Thurston counties than most of the counties on the dry side they will rely on stats to base their policy and claims that it will not hurt business.

Yes, since moving here to WA, let alone the USA, me originating from Canada, feel amazed as to how WA has one of the most relaxed laws of all the states. I believe it is not only a right, but a privilege as well to own and carry. Yes, the economy is bad, yes people are getting desperate and yes you need to protect you, your family and property. I believe, even if you are able to carry, concealed or open, purchase a handgun same day and face to face, the golden rules for the laws and firearm responsibility still stand across the board. Responsibility is ultimately ours.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top