JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
3. Rapid fire, defined as more than 2 shots in one second is strictly forbidden on this range.

This is the most misinterpreted rule. Yes, it is OK to 'doubletap' or shoot twice, quickly. But when I have done it at the 50/100 yard range I can always faintly hear, 'hey you can't do that' through my ear plugs AND muffs lol.

3. Rapid fire, defined as more than 2 shots in one second is strictly forbidden on this range.

This is the most misinterpreted rule. Yes, it is OK to 'doubletap' or shoot twice, quickly. But when I have done it at the 50/100 yard range I can always faintly hear, 'hey you can't do that' through my ear plugs AND muffs lol.

Funny story about that.

Back before we we action range certified, a buddy(has own membership) of mine and I were at the 25yard pistol range. He was double tapping here and there when an old timer came over and was like Ohhh you can't do that, my buddy was very polite stating its all within the rules. After a few more times there freaking arguing back and fourth. I got tired of hearing it and said call the RO or shut up. That finally ended it. Until the next cold range.... Hahahaha next they are arguing about brass. That's mine, no that's mine your not shooting that Cal, yada yada. I'm all like dudes, really, are you really arguing about brass..... Some really cool guy came over with a bunch of brass like here its all good. I told him I'm chill its my mad buddy. But I was forced to take it. It was rather funny looking back. But getting all worked up around live fire....... Not the best choice lol. That's how I meditate, shooting.

How is a double tap not considered 2 shots within one second?

Nobody ever said it was not, but that is NOT what the rule says,

2 shots in a second has NEVER been MORE then 2........

I don't know that I've ever seen anyone who was really a jerk...but I only go maybe once a month on average.

BTW, do they have a place to shoot 12ga shotguns? I don't shoot trap or anything like that - would just like to blast my Mossberg 500 occasionally to make sure it still works right.

" Rapid fire, defined as more than 2 shots in one second is strictly forbidden on this range."

And yet, they hold monthly Cowby Action matches where a really good shooter can lever ten rounds out of a 1873 in 2.2 seconds and shoot a course of fire of 24 rounds with one lever action rifle, two single action revolvers, and a double barreled shotgun in fourteen seconds.

For those who are commenting on the rapid fire - please refer to the rules PDF.
Rules are listed by range. There are several different ranges.

For example:
GENERAL PURPOSE RANGE
50-100 YARDS
3. Rapid fire, defined as more than 2 shots in one second is strictly forbidden on this
range.

200 – 300 YARD RANGE
10. Rapid fire, defined as more than 2 shots in one second is strictly forbidden on this
range.

That was just a sample, there are more ranges and more rules sets to review.

If you have an issue, please be specific as to the range and rule number, and inquire with their board.

And if you shoot "in the woods" please, please leave the place cleaner than when you found it. So the Tree-Huggers don't shut us all down.

Thank you,

I've been a member for a little over a year now and I have yet to have an issue. When I first started coming there was some mild confusion but I found that bringing a young woman keeps the Range Officers a little more understanding. Also we went back after 6 months or so one morning and found the other shooters to be very helpful and friendly. It may be expensive and there may be a lot of rules but I am much more comfortable shooting there than I am out in the woods with people of unknown character.

speaking of new rules at triCounty... wow.
this is part of an email sent to me by the honcho of the cowboy action shoots.I feel they are 'over the top',what do u guys and gals think.

. When you are outside of your vehicle in the parking area, do not handle or transport a gun which is not cased. [NOTE: In the TCGC rules, a gun is "cased" if it is in a "gun case, gun rug, stocking, wrapped, or holstered".]

In practice, this means the following:

* When you are outside of your vehicle, in the parking area outside the shooting bays, and you must transfer a gun between one case and another case, you should go to a safety table or firing line to do it.(Example: moving your pistols to and from a travel case and your holsters).

* The firing line or a safety table is where you must go to show someone a gun, etc. Showing or handling guns may not be done in the parking area outside of the shooting bays.

* While in the parking area outside of the shooting bays, long guns should be covered, even when in your cart, and pistols should be either holstered or inside your gun cart. Scabbards or gun socks will meet these requirements. If you don't have any, we are in the process of obtaining some loaners.

ME TYPEING..thousands of guns are transported in gun carts every week without being covered,and it has NEVER been a problem amongst our thousands of cowboy shooters.we ONLY cart them open and empty,what good is putting a sock over them going to do ?
oh well,their range and I'll abide,

i'm not a tcgc member,so not sure but another pard who is says other dsciplines already adhere to these rules,and that they are not all that new.1st i've herad of them ! Iv'e been breaking them real regular and so have tons of other people if he is correct.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top