JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, that kind of explains why ten years ago, you'd see EIGHTY cowboy shooters on a weekend match, not a state match or a regional, just a regular weekend match. Now they get like what, eighteen, if the weather's real good?

I've been a member for a little over a year now and I have yet to have an issue. When I first started coming there was some mild confusion but I found that bringing a young woman keeps the Range Officers a little more understanding. Also we went back after 6 months or so one morning and found the other shooters to be very helpful and friendly. It may be expensive and there may be a lot of rules but I am much more comfortable shooting there than I am out in the woods with people of unknown character.

Not expensive compared to other places in the area. It would cost me more that 15 dollars a month to drive to a forest to shoot, i love the Club, I like the rules, I like that they enforce the rules, it makes people do things safely so we (shooters) get a worse rap than we already do. Your right, no issues if you follow the rules and respect the grounds

BTW, do they have a place to shoot 12ga shotguns? I don't shoot trap or anything like that - would just like to blast my Mossberg 500 occasionally to make sure it still works right.[/QUOTE]

There is(or was) a pattern board behind the main clubhouse to '' test'' your pattern. I never did check it out, but an old timer told me about it so I could sight in my peep sights. I was soon action range certified and sighted in my auto loader (in terminator voice) there. Eyeball for it.

I know you can shoot it at the Practical range. To shoot there you need to take an extra day long course to get your ipsc certification. I don't think you can use slugs.

For a serious shooter going to the woods is not very appealing. Its difficult to find 300-600 yards of open public land in western Oregon. Not that I don't have my favorites scoped out that aren't full of morons waving guns around, but its cheaper, easier to go out to the club. Plus they have covered bench's and you may not realize this but we get a lot of rain in western Oregon.

The rules are the reason why I feel safe bringing my son out to the range. Without the rules I have to trust all the yahoos on the line, trigger and muzzle control. It makes for stress free shooting. I couldn't ever get zen without the rules. My range bag even has an arrow drawn on it so I don't open the bag with the muzzle pointed up range. Now I don't shoot cowboy, so I don't know how that affects you guys, but I do shoot at the practical ranges and having your firearm made safe and holstered until its your turn to shoot is not impractical.

The other day I took an AR to the 50/100y range to tear it apart and figure out why it wouldn't fire. Hard to be a good gunsmith when it is 36 degrees out. Anyway, a guy with an AK started rapid firing through magazines. I knew the RO would be a 'coming.

Was going to say something, but I figure if the broken rule isn't putting anyone or thing in danger (he was using controlled fire) it isn't an immediate concern. Not like he was tinkering with his AK when people were downrange or anything like that.

Of course, it only took the RO about five minutes to barge in and ask 'alright who is rapid firing like Rambo in here'.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top