JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The new PYTHON is makin waves and getting folks all worked up.

Do you have plans to get 1 in the near furture?
What about the $1500 price tag? What $ would you pay as a member of The Great Unwashed?
Would you rather wait for the 4"?

For me, I won't even consider it until its a 4" SS for less than $1K.

The new PYTHON is makin waves and getting folks all worked up.

Do you have plans to get 1 in the near furture?
What about the $1500 price tag? What $ would you pay as a member of The Great Unwashed?
Would you rather wait for the 4"?

For me, I won't even consider it until its a 4" SS for less than $1K.

I can get these three for about the same price.... as one Python-II
71D685CE-7E27-4C23-A73A-9C6194E3661A.jpeg F79402AE-4C8E-492A-B4D0-24D56C3D8A99.jpeg 71D685CE-7E27-4C23-A73A-9C6194E3661A.jpeg

My answer is..... HELL YEAH! :s0023:

Eventually. ;)

Last Edited:
I'm with ya. I'm sure that the PYTHON is a good gun, but I'm happy with my GP100. I can wait till the market slows down.

I do wonder why they started with the 6"... 4" revolvers seems to be a bigger seller.

Check out Gunbroker - there is one up to $1925 with 14 bids and another at $1600 with 9 bids - and a couple others as well.

Dealers will jump on the 'bandwagon' and sell their stock (what they get - if any) online for much higher than MSRP OR keep one, frame it and hang it on the wall with some ridiculous price on it.

These will most likely never end up as a typical 'stock' item for any dealer with one in the cabinet and 'Two in the back room'.

If they do it will be few and far between and price will always be at or higher than MSRP. Someone who has wanted a Python will gladly pay $1500 or more for a new one over the average $2500 or more for a 'used' one.

Colt is well aware of the market and will most likely limit production to ensure sales of all the guns they make as opposed to overproducing and having too many 'out there'. They want to keep the demand up. This is an 'old' story with Colt.

I could be ENTIRELY wrong and maybe we will see more of these at dealers - time will tell. I read on another forum a dealer is taking 'reservations' for them at $1400.

Already got one, a Minty fresh mid 70's Blued 5" specimen my Dad finally passed on to me, and a Stainless 6" I bought for the hi price of $500!
unless they offer blued and under a grand, I gotta pass!

I have not read into what differences there will be from the old ones, but I will say this. I have an old one, a stainless 4" which I bought from my father in law when he got sick. He wouldn't let us help with his bills but i was able to convince him to sell me some of his guns in order to keep them in the family. The trigger is far better than my stock S&W or Rugers, but that's about it. Unless it were a collector piece in amazing condition, I wouldn't buy another one. I can put the hottest loads through my rugers without a second thought and triggers can be improved. In a way I hope the fact that Colt is bringing them back won't hurt the value of mine but it's really meaningless because mine will stay in our family and never be sold.

A member on the S & W forum posted on his experiences with his new one - unfortunately it has to go back.

Amazing how many there are talking it up like crazy even though its faulty. Colt fanboys are worse than Glock fanboys.

I'd bet my GP100 shoots just as good.

Amazing how many there are talking it up like crazy even though its faulty. Colt fanboys are worse than Glock fanboys.

I'd bet my GP100 shoots just as good.
To actually quote him though, sample size of one.

UPDATE:

Spoke with Colt this morning. We talked about the issues and long story short, this pretty pony is going back to the stable. They are sending a free shipping label.

Will advise everyone on the repair as I learn more. This is a gorgeous gun and they got MOST of it right. Sweet action, beautiful finish, just probably has teething issues since it's a new product and I am more than aware there is risk in buying any newly released gun.

To actually quote him though, sample size of one.

UPDATE:

Spoke with Colt this morning. We talked about the issues and long story short, this pretty pony is going back to the stable. They are sending a free shipping label.

Will advise everyone on the repair as I learn more. This is a gorgeous gun and they got MOST of it right. Sweet action, beautiful finish, just probably has teething issues since it's a new product and I am more than aware there is risk in buying any newly released gun.

Yes, I read the article.

"Most of it right"
"Free shipping label"
"Teething issues (nice way of saying beta version)

But but but, it's a COLT right? The only "real" gun made.

Where do I sign up?

:rolleyes:

Yes, I read the article.

"Most of it right"
"Free shipping label"
"Teething issues (nice way of saying beta version)

But but but, it's a COLT right? The only "real" gun made.

Where do I sign up?

:rolleyes:

Yikes. At $1,500 you'd think it would just work. Both of these Smiths, together, cost less than that and, well, just work flawlessly.

smith-jpg.642233

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top