JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I eyeball it as an ADL with the lack of any magazine.
It has a blind (internal box) magazine, just no floor plate. Those vintage 700s are excellent rifles. My first hunting rifle in the late '80s was a model 700 30-06. I still have it but now it's a .270. I didn't know what corrosive ammo was back then and rusted the barrel out shooting WWII surplus.

But don't you know, 30-06 is dead? - https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2019/3/29/opinion-the-30-06-is-dead/

It's a goofy article praising the virtues of the Creedmore, saying nobody needs Grandpa's '06 anymore. I think the title is just clickbait. I don't agree, by the way. :)

I'm a big fan of the 30-06, always have been.

OK Range day today. All considered not bad for a first outing at 100 yards and sight in.

SightIn.jpeg

Congrats, nice 700, have fun!

I got a deal on a LH early 80's BDL 700 in 30-06 a couple of month's ago, been searching for years for a lefty 700, was always a day late or a dollar short ;). It came with a vintage Redfield scope with the original owners name nicely engraved on it.

I love my old Savage LH 110, but the old 700's are so nice IMO.

It has a blind (internal box) magazine, just no floor plate. Those vintage 700s are excellent rifles. My first hunting rifle in the late '80s was a model 700 30-06. I still have it but now it's a .270. I didn't know what corrosive ammo was back then and rusted the barrel out shooting WWII surplus.

But don't you know, 30-06 is dead? - https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2019/3/29/opinion-the-30-06-is-dead/

It's a goofy article praising the virtues of the Creedmore, saying nobody needs Grandpa's '06 anymore. I think the title is just clickbait. I don't agree, by the way. :)

I'm a big fan of the 30-06, always have been.
Hmm, look like I need to go tell my Tikka T3x 30-06, my only bolt gun, that it can't kill stuff anymore. It's going to be very sad.

T3x.jpg

More fiddling with this one and back to the range at full 100 yards. First group was 7MOA high. Next group was right on with a 1.25MOA. Using factory fresh Federal Power Shock 180gn jacketed SP. Look out deer!

30-061.jpeg

Thanks JohnnyMac. I am pleased with the results. Still plan on more range trips on some good Coastal afternoons. Starting into the wet and chilly season now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top