JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings NWF

Hope you all have a great week and holiday.

Anyway, curious if any of you run a 300 WinMag in a custom chassis set up? I'm looking a building something new this year and am seeking your thoughts, ideas, feedback and opinions.

Thanks....

Seems like the 300 Win Short Magnums are out shooting the Win Mag. Might want to consider the short mag version. You looking to build a 1000 yard gun or just a hunting rifle?

Only as custom as a stock Remington 700 ADL in 300 Win Mag in black synthetic from Bi-Mart can be. Don't know if I lucked out or if it is more of a standard thing, but I can cloverleaf three rounds at 100-yards every time with it (light rifle - shoulder doesn't take much more). There are a lot of neat new calibers/guns out there, but the ole 700 in the belted 300 Win Mag is a winner to be sure.

I have several 1000 yard rifles, but nothing chambered in 300 Win Mag. This rifle would not be used for hunting....just curious if any others have gone this route?

I don't know how helpful this will be to you, but here goes.
Gent I used to shoot a lot with never could reach 1K with his 308. So he built a 300WM to do that; Recoil isn't his nemesis. That said, he put a brake on it shortly after load development, as any form of volume didn't do well with his shoulder. At one point in his foolings with it, we met-up again, and he watched me clang away at the 1200 yard line at one of our ranges; me using my 308. His issues with not making it(prior to the WM) was bullet choice. He loved Bergers, but they don't cross trans-sonic with any semblance of stability. The 175 SMK does.

Then he followed suit and was able to do the same. He sold that Winchester WM and bought himself an FN in 308.

I suppose it depends if you are looking for something different, or are having trouble reaching the 1K line?
If you are after something different, I say do it!! I'll swear to your wife/GF that it is absolutely required, if it helps your cause:cool:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top