JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So last night I did a thing. Walked into Sporting Systems in Vancouver and walked out with a Vepr 7.62x39 for $835.

Now I'm going down the rabbit hole on conversions to making it a little better suited for a "hell and back" rifle. Has anyone done anything similar with a vepr? Im finding a lot on Saiga conversions but not a ton on vepr rifles. I already ordered a bullet guide from Dinzag, who all has experience with this things?

IMG_1274.JPG Slant receiver.

VEPR Wood Stock Adapter internal block You'll need an adapter like this to use regular stocks. Should work, but I'm not 100%.
Vepr Lower Handguard Retainer | Legion USA As well as this.
If it doesn't already accept regular AK mags, then you should really only need a bullet guide. Maybe a bit of filing on the mag catch afterwards.

Keep in mind the links are just for reference, I'm not necessarily recommending those parts specifically.

VEPR Wood Stock Adapter internal block You'll need an adapter like this to use regular stocks. Should work, but I'm not 100%.
Vepr Lower Handguard Retainer | Legion USA As well as this.
If it doesn't already accept regular AK mags, then you should really only need a bullet guide. Maybe a bit of filing on the mag catch afterwards.

Keep in mind the links are just for reference, I'm not necessarily recommending those parts specifically.
I have both of those in my cart on carolina shooters supply for when I get paid next. Those, a russian gas block, and a furniture set from kvar. Hopefully my bullet guide will show up in the next week or two so I can go shoot it with regular ak mags.

Should really be all you need.

Now if you want a cleaning rod... Need a new front sight, and any handguard that has a slot for it.
cleaning rods not super important too me. I'm more interested in finding some russian made optics for it. And maybe one of the alg defense ak triggers. The trigger thats in it is awful to say the least.

POSP optics from Belarus are good for the money. I have one on my WASR, and I like it. For muzzle devices, IICR veprs are blind pinned. Will require some grinding if it is.

That shouldn't be a big deal. The rifle seems heavy enough that a muzzle device isn't an absolute necessity, That'll probably be the last thing I do. Gonna work from back to front.

Under the wood stock the reciever metal has a slant cut?
I knew some chicoms had that didnt know Vepr did it also.
Im gonna pick one up soon.

Last Edited:
I actually like the bonesteel folder on mine. I did the conversion and added an ALG trigger. That is a must. The trigger improves amazingly. A Tapco slot I believe it is called does a good job of reducing recoil and motion. Mine is one heck of a beast.