Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

"New Posts" ... Searching has been disabled?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by RifleEnthusiast, Mar 19, 2013.

1. RifleEnthusiast

RifleEnthusiast Close to Oregon City Active Member

This is probably the wrong place to ask this question, but when I click on "New Posts" at the right end of the bar on top I get a message saying "Searching has been disabled.", did we lose this functionality recently, or do I need to enable it somewhere, I don't recall ever disabling it and it was pretty neat in showing the posts with the most recent activities across the entire forums.

2. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Hint: Giant red text at the top of the forum page.....click it.

:D

3. RifleEnthusiast

Hmmmm, believe it or not, I read the entire post by Joe when it was posted, as far as I remember he didn't mention losing any functionality, it was a matter of migrating to a more powerful server, but I might've missed something there.

4. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

In the posts Joe talks about getting the site back up and to do that on the current server he had to put it in a limp mode and disable some of the site features, including the search functions.

5. RifleEnthusiast

Oh, OK, my bad, I had assumed that was a temporary situation and that it would be restored shortly, thanks.