JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, I recently move from Las Vegas, NV for my job. Im looking for some sweet spots/ranges to shoot at and where are all the USPSA USSL, IDPA, etc matches are being held at near the Portland area.
A little about my self, I'm a Marine Corps OIF vet , former medic for San Diego , Emergency trained ER RN and now a Cath Lab RN (heart attacks/pace makers/ cardiac stuff..etc). I love to run and shoot! If your in the Portland area and don't mind showing the new guy around let me know!

Welcome Aboard Marine, Glad to have you join us!:s0155:
I'm of no help for any thing in the PDX area for shooting and competition, but there are a large number of fine folks here that can help you find places!
Make sure your tetanus shots and all your other vaccines are up to date, and you might wanna lay in a supply of Muck Boots and hazmat suits for venturing into Portland Proper! Best of luck on your new Adventure, and feel free to ask us anything, were absolutely full of knowledge, useful or not! :s0140:

Welcome aboard Marine... Can't help you in the Portland area as I'm on the Olympic Peninsula in Wa. Usually when I'm in the area I'm at the range in Sherwood, super nice facilities.

BTW, I'm a retired Marine, 69-91...

Welcome to Portland!
Tri county gun club would be your local. Tcgc.com.
I haven't gotten involved with any competitions yet, so I can't speak to that.
Are you in the cath lab up at OHSU?

Welcome to Portlandia.
THEY Keep it Wierd.

My 40 YO nephew recently moved someplace East of SD because he had long ago grew tired of the Rain...

Well, it IS a very mild climate here. ;)

Hey guys, I recently move from Las Vegas, NV for my job. Im looking for some sweet spots/ranges to shoot at and where are all the USPSA USSL, IDPA, etc matches are being held at near the Portland area.
A little about my self, I'm a Marine Corps OIF vet , former medic for San Diego , Emergency trained ER RN and now a Cath Lab RN (heart attacks/pace makers/ cardiac stuff..etc). I love to run and shoot! If your in the Portland area and don't mind showing the new guy around let me know!

Welcome. I am south of you a little ways but the drive isnt that bad and we have a nice shooting facility here in Albany. Kinda like driving from San Diego to Temecula.

Welcome!
IDPA Tri-County and ARPC (Albany Rifle and Pistol Club).
USPSA ARPC on the second Saturday---starts at 10. CVSC in Dundee on the 4th Saturday, 9AM
start, no PCC. Tri-C does a outlaw match (lost their USPSA affiliation) on the third Sunday.
Steel Challenge 1st Sunday at Tri-C, 4th Sunday at ARPC.
Not aware of any USSL in thes area. Looks interesting.

Local USPSA section website------http://www.columbia-cascade.org/

Welcome to Portland. The land of crime, meth, homeless, and traffic. Do get ur concealed handgun license ASAP if u don't already have. This town hates cars and hates gun owners more unfortunately. Below are the shootings in the last 11 days. Numerous killings in August. Be careful it's bad. Even in the woods u need to be careful: 2 Found Dead in remote shooting spot near Estacada

FB4A96F7-B9DA-4C3D-8A59-EDB9D147D4D9.jpeg

Last Edited:
If you are in Portland, especially the S or SW side go too TCGC.com and apply to join. It takes a while to come around but it will have much that you will want to use. 100, 200/300, and 600 yard rifle, pistol range, .22 house(24 hours), shotgun ranges, and an action range (run and shoot). At a decent yearly cost too.

If you choose to not join up when they offer you a spot, you can just say no but they have a low cost, lots of choices for ranges and programs and are fairly nearby (Sherwood). I was somewhere else originally but am very glad I made the switch.

And a welcome from me too!

Another major issue in Portland is that the police are short around 200 officers. And of the 1000ish officers they have about 1/4 of those are projected to retire in the next year. People here hate the police which makes it nearly impossible for them to do their jobs and no one wants to work as a cop here (can't blame them). There are cafes with signs that say "police not welcome" and places where police are asked to leave. I've witnessed crimes 3 times recently and two times the police still didn't arrive after 40 minutes at which point I gave up waiting. One time they did arrive after about 6 minutes though but it still took 3 civilians to pin the perp. in a backyard.

Another major issue in Portland is that the police are short around 200 officers. And of the 1000ish officers they have about 1/4 of those are projected to retire in the next year. People here hate the police which makes it nearly impossible for them to do their jobs and no one wants to work as a cop here (can't blame them). There are cafes with signs that say "police not welcome" and places where police are asked to leave. I've witnessed crimes 3 times recently and two times the police still didn't arrive after 40 minutes at which point I gave up waiting. One time they did arrive after about 6 minutes though but it still took 3 civilians to pin the perp. in a backyard.
Thanks for the heads up. I plan on getting a CCW when I get in. My head is always on a swivel. I'm pretty sure Vega's violent crime rate is worse.

Thanks for the heads up. I plan on getting a CCW when I get in. My head is always on a swivel. I'm pretty sure Vega's violent crime rate is worse.

Las Vegas---all crimes, violent and property, 3,562 per 100,000
Portland OR---all crimes, violent and property, 6,346 per 100,000

Portland is actually a bit better than Vegas on violent crime, but it's in the top 10 worst in
the nation for property crimes.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads