JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been reading in the Oregonian newspaper that Multnomah County and the City of Portland have both recently passed some restrictive new anti-gun ordinances. Predictably, the Oregonian paper is vague about just what these new laws entail, but did mention something about loaded weapons no longer being allowed in public.

As an Oregon CHL holder I have no idea whether or not any of these new laws apply to me, or even what all of these new rules are. I haven't received any notifications from the Sheriff's Department or the City.

Does anybody here know more about this stuff? Sorry if this has already been covered here in the forum and I just missed it.

Mult Co. basically adopted Portland's ordinances on loaded carry, reoorting thrfts, etc. and restricted the discharge of firearms. The discharge and carrying have multiple exemptions.

They won't notify you and the laws have no impact on your ability to carry a loaded firearm.

ETA:They won't impact your ability to carry because you have a CHL.

Mult Co. basically adopted Portland's ordinances on loaded carry, reoorting thrfts, etc. and restricted the discharge of firearms. The discharge and carrying have multiple exemptions.

They won't notify you and the laws have no impact on your ability to carry a loaded firearm.

Still have the normal exemptions for CHL holders?

I have been reading in the Oregonian newspaper that Multnomah County and the City of Portland have both recently passed some restrictive new anti-gun ordinances. Predictably, the Oregonian paper is vague about just what these new laws entail, but did mention something about loaded weapons no longer being allowed in public.

As an Oregon CHL holder I have no idea whether or not any of these new laws apply to me, or even what all of these new rules are. I haven't received any notifications from the Sheriff's Department or the City.

Does anybody here know more about this stuff? Sorry if this has already been covered here in the forum and I just missed it.

You can probably get more info at Kevins Site "OFF" He usually has the updates there for any new legislation.

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/news

If you have a CHL you can ignore their tantrum. If I lived in Portland I would carry Loaded Openly everywhere, every day (just like i do here). If you have a CHL their little tantrum laws "do not apply" to you. (read ORS 166.173, their "authority" to pass such stupidness.

ORS 166.173(2) (link: ORS 166.173 - Authority of city or county to regulate possession of loaded firearms in public places - 2011 Oregon Revised Statutes)

(2) Ordinances adopted under subsection (1) of this section do not apply to or affect:

(a) A law enforcement officer in the performance of official duty.

(b) A member of the military in the performance of official duty.

(c) A person licensed to carry a concealed handgun.

(d) A person authorized to possess a loaded firearm while in or on a public building or court facility under ORS 166.370 (Possession of firearm or dangerous weapon in public building or court facility).

Multnomah County is just one more county where you have to pay to have your 2n amendment rights. if you do not pay for your CHL you do not have the right to defend yourself. ow well wecome to Oregon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top