Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New poll, same old 2A story

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

duane black and (deleted member) like this.
  2. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

6,900,000 Washingtonians / 445,000 CPLs = 1 every 15 or so folks walking around with a CPL.

I love the Evergreen State.

To put this into perspective;

Texas has 580,000 licenses on record for 26,000,000 people.

Based on my very quick and dirty math that would be roughly 1 licensee per 45 people.

I have said it before...

Dont mess with Texas ? bubblegum.... Dont mess with Washington !

WA populaiton : Washington QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
    TX population : Texas QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
    WA CPL Number : ^^ see above article ^^
    TX CPL Number :More older Texans are packing heat - Wire Seniors - The Sacramento Bee

( I am not responsible for math errors, I fix computers for a living ) :D

3. solv3nt

solv3nt Portland Well-Known Member

So you are a dirty nerd! :cool:

4. duane black

LOL.

yes

solv3nt and (deleted member) like this.
  5. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Actually it's probably closer to 1:10 if you remove the underage, criminals and aliens.

Gave up fixing computers shortly after I set up Freightliners SAN on Swan Island. Big budget cut took $25,000,000 out of the IT funding, that cut the Oracle Financials project so they no longer needed a project manager. So, out I went.

6. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Dave, does the number of CPL's you cite include out of state permit holders?

7. duane black

Would love to know as well. I had one as a out of state resident as I am sure alot of Oregonians do as well. Couldn't imagine it would have an enormous effect on numbers but what do I know.

BTW - The Gov McCall quote kills me. Not the first time I have heard it and laugh every time. :laugh:

After fleeing California myself ( don't worry I only passed through Oregon ) I wouldn't want any Californians moving there either.

:D

8. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

That's why I asked, I'm curious to know if my out-of-state WA CPL is included in the total.

I added the Tom McCall quote a couple weeks ago after seeing the umpteenth "I live in California but plan on moving to Oregon soon" introductions here on the forum. I've decided that there are two kinds of Oregonians: natural-born (like myself) and naturalized (like my wife) defined as having lived here continuously for over half your life. At least that's the way I see it!

9. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

That McCall quote is also one of my favorites. I'm a native that's lived in a lot of areas around the state. I don't want to become new California or anything else. We should change our residency requirements for voting. :)