JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New Rasmussen poll: Little traction for gun control

A new Rasmussen survey released this morning revealed that there is no traction for additional gun control laws, with only 33 percent of survey respondents believing that tougher gun laws might have prevented Monday’s mass shooting at the Washington Navy Yard.

<broken link removed>

New Rasmussen poll: Little traction for gun control

A new Rasmussen survey released this morning revealed that there is no traction for additional gun control laws, with only 33 percent of survey respondents believing that tougher gun laws might have prevented Monday's mass shooting at the Washington Navy Yard.

<broken link removed>

6,900,000 Washingtonians / 445,000 CPLs = 1 every 15 or so folks walking around with a CPL.

I love the Evergreen State.

To put this into perspective;

Texas has 580,000 licenses on record for 26,000,000 people.

Based on my very quick and dirty math that would be roughly 1 licensee per 45 people.

I have said it before...

Dont mess with Texas ? bubblegum.... Dont mess with Washington !

WA populaiton : <broken link removed>
TX population : <broken link removed>
WA CPL Number : ^^ see above article ^^
TX CPL Number : <broken link removed>

( I am not responsible for math errors, I fix computers for a living ) :D

6,900,000 Washingtonians / 445,000 CPLs = every 15 or so folks walking around with a CPL.

I love the Evergreen State.

( I am not responsible for math errors, I fix computers for a living ) :D

Actually it's probably closer to 1:10 if you remove the underage, criminals and aliens.

Gave up fixing computers shortly after I set up Freightliners SAN on Swan Island. Big budget cut took $25,000,000 out of the IT funding, that cut the Oracle Financials project so they no longer needed a project manager. So, out I went.

Dave, does the number of CPL's you cite include out of state permit holders?

Would love to know as well. I had one as a out of state resident as I am sure alot of Oregonians do as well. Couldn't imagine it would have an enormous effect on numbers but what do I know.

BTW - The Gov McCall quote kills me. Not the first time I have heard it and laugh every time. :s0114:

After fleeing California myself ( don't worry I only passed through Oregon ) I wouldn't want any Californians moving there either.

:D

Would love to know as well. I had one as a out of state resident as I am sure alot of Oregonians do as well. Couldn't imagine it would have an enormous effect on numbers but what do I know.

BTW - The Gov McCall quote kills me. Not the first time I have heard it and laugh every time. :s0114:

After fleeing California myself ( don't worry I only passed through Oregon ) I wouldn't want any Californians moving there either.

:D

That's why I asked, I'm curious to know if my out-of-state WA CPL is included in the total.

I added the Tom McCall quote a couple weeks ago after seeing the umpteenth "I live in California but plan on moving to Oregon soon" introductions here on the forum. I've decided that there are two kinds of Oregonians: natural-born (like myself) and naturalized (like my wife) defined as having lived here continuously for over half your life. At least that's the way I see it!

That's why I asked, I'm curious to know if my out-of-state WA CPL is included in the total.

I added the Tom McCall quote a couple weeks ago after seeing the umpteenth "I live in California but plan on moving to Oregon soon" introductions here on the forum. I've decided that there are two kinds of Oregonians: natural-born (like myself) and naturalized (like my wife) defined as having lived here continuously for over half your life. At least that's the way I see it!

That McCall quote is also one of my favorites. I'm a native that's lived in a lot of areas around the state. I don't want to become new California or anything else. We should change our residency requirements for voting. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top