JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went out to ARPC to shoot some steel today and it was AWESOME!

After a bit of shooting I changed my sights to hit right above my dot so I could see what I was shooting instead of covering it to get the shot and man oh man did it help me so much.

I'm still new so this is probably no big deal but for the first time ever I hit all 10 bullets then did another magazine 2 shotting each steel target and hit all 10 again! Seriously made me so happy hearing the steel ring out so fast.

I need some speed steel in my life it seems so I guess I'll be going to the next event they have

Combat sights versus target sights. Understanding which your gun is equipped with is a huge step in getting better hits on target.

Speed steel and pistol, you'll learn, to get faster, you basically start point shooting. Which is like shooting a shotgun, looking down the barrel. In the case of a pistol, you look down the slide.

I did most if not all competition styles, 3gun, IDPA, USPSA, and I like speed steel the most.

speed steel is as formal or informal as you want it to be.

I've had some really good times with everyone around me during the events.

Rules: cardinal safety rules
Muzzle never passes the 180*mark
Shoot the course
have fun

a few others like no loaded firearms unless you are in the box
load when told to
if you shoot .22 pistol you can go low ready vs holstered

ive shot more .22 pistol than anything else. i shoot a lot of .22 pistol actually. i'm not any good but i try.

22 speed steel has categories for carbine, auto pistol & revolver, with or without optics. Pretty much just like centerfire. Welcome to the match! Check the ARPC website for schedule. Usually 4th Sunday, not yet resumed from covid19 hiatus. I think the pin shooters are back.

1593266351158.png Three basic sight pictures, 6 o'clock(Bullseye), center of mass(Hunter) and line up the dots(mil spec). For best results you'll need to figure out which way your sights are regulated and at what range. Of course with adjustable sights you can set them how you like them.

Last Edited:
22 speed steel has categories for carbine, auto pistol & revolver, with or without optics. Pretty much just like centerfire. Welcome to the match! Check the ARPC website for schedule. Usually 4th Sunday, not yet resumed from covid19 hiatus. I think the pin shooters are back.

Right now I am running black stock rear sights with a fiber optic red front sight. Is that considered without because it's just iron sights?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top