JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ruger has several new products on their website, but the new .45 acp they're showing looks interesting.
Has anyone heard much about this? How is it different from the ruger p345 aside from two more rounds in the magazine? I wasn't really taken with the SR 40, but I haven't really played with either. Thoughts?

Wonder why they didn't do a hi-cap 13 round version when their 9's and 40's are hi-cap. Did they leave the grip the exact same size as the SR-9, or did they make it fatter or longer ala Glock 21 or XD45?

I can't say that this gun would appeal to me. I've not been warm and fuzzy about any of Ruger's polymer pistols - I still think the P95 and 97 are the best ones they made. I prefer the P89 and P90 or the SR1911 over anything else in their lineup. I'd rather have seen them make a Para Ord style Hi-cap single action 1911 with 15 round capacity than this latest gun. The timing is also interesting, given the political climate. I wonder if timing had anything to do with mag cap, or if it's all coincidence.

BTW - I have owned the P89, 90, 95, 97, and 345s before - I'm not a Ruger hater.

The SR45 is very different from the P345 in that it's striker fired and double stacked vs hammer fired traditional double action single stack like the P345. The P345 Ruger claimed was the evolution of the P97 - they use the same mags (as well as the P90) the P345 also the same recoil guide rod setup. IMO - the P345 would've been a much better gun had they NOT made the trigger so damn heavy, and put a little ledge on the safety decocker, instead of thumb-chewing checkering. The marketing campaign was also ironic, given that just a few years after they released the P345 (which they claimed made the 1911 obsolete) they debuted their own 1911.

I hope it has a better trigger than the SR9 I tried out about a year ago. Might check one out after the recalls are finished. :)

M-Ruger-SR45.jpg

I haven't heard anythiing about it either. I had a P90 a few years ago and loved it aside from the grip being a bit large for my fingers...I hate having short fingers. The SR9 would be interesting to try out for that reason alone as it looks like its molded better in that respect.