JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_0502.JPG IMG_0505.JPG IMG_0504.JPG IMG_0503.JPG I finally got this thing all together. It's been a struggle. Parts not working, had to machine a notch in the bolt which had to have the weight removed to work with the captured spring in the stock. This whole thing has just been temperamental. Finally got it (for the most part) together tonight after several weeks of trying to get the right bits in the right place.

Anyway, pretty stoked other than I need to come up with a 1/2-28 9mm muzzle device (I drilled out a standard bird cage for the moment)

It does kind of look like a Star Wars blaster.

PSA billet Glock pattern lower
Maxim PDW pistol brace
Spirit Arms side charging upper
7" KMR

Last Edited:
Dang you. Thats exactly what I want to build.
Only my current financial situation hasn't allowed for making the want a reality.

I was looking at just going all PSA for ease. But I love the sode charger

IMG_0496.JPG I have another pistol upper with a 4.5" barrel that actually I like with this lower that is a whole lot cheaper set up.

This upper is like $900, the shorty more like $400

This is the one I bought, but I bought 1/2-36 which is what my other 4 9mm barrels are threaded, including the ones made by this same manufacturer :D

I was a tad erked to find it 1/2-28

IMG_0506.JPG

So @IronMonster, I'm just working to finish a PSA 9mm pistol build myself. I was wondering, your build in the OP doesn't use a PSA upper. Looking at mine, I wasn't clear that it would work with another upper. In fact, PSA's site says just that. Did you have any trouble specifically related to using a non-PSA upper with their dedicated lower?

I do like the PSA lower though. I like the 2 threaded pins they include as part of the build - that bolt catch release roll pin has caused me trouble in the past - made for such an easy install of that part.

I have used at least 4 different brand uppers, the only one I had issues with is a Spartan side charger that would not work with a Colt pattern PSA lower due to ejection timing.

You do need to be aware of bolts, I have used either the Sprinta or PSA units for Glock pattern lowers and had good luck. Pairing the lower with a bolt is the key, the upper itself is not so finicky

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top