JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have been shooting a lot more rimfire these days as I must have at least 10,000 rds. and I'm tired of watching whole dollar bills fly out of the muzzle... Was looking at the G44 as It's the same form factor as my daily carry G43 which I like very much. However, I read some reviews online about the Glock and learned it's pretty tempermental with certain kinds of bulk ammo. On a whim, I was at Sportsman's buying a fathers day gift for the old man and I happened to glance this unique-looking compact pistol on the wall.

This may be the coolest new gun I've bought in a long time -- AND FOR $200 ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!

CAAE56CB-BD45-41DE-9856-D0DD67B1D097.jpeg

Comes w/ three 16-rd. double stack mags, threaded 3.8" barrel, and a mini tool kit for making adjustments. DID I MENTION IT WAS $200!!!

8D56EFBB-3946-4F56-B540-EB7A2F77D620.jpeg

Fully loaded (16+1) it tips the scales at a mere 14 oz.! It fits great in my hand, ambo safeties and mag release, and the trigger is fantastic -- crisp and precise with great feedback. With almost zero recoil, I was making respectable groups at 50-yd. after one or two magazines. Even got some nice tight ones with full mag dump.

I probably have run a dozen different types of .22LR without a single complaint. It happily cycles whatever you toss in the chamber and then says "what else ya got"???

Guys, I love this little gun. Kel-Tec says it's made for everyday carry --- while I'm not trusting my life to a .22, my new rule is "wherever I go, it goes." Just for fun and plinking... the G43 ain't going anywhere. 😎

Last Edited:
1...2....10....50. 50 scoops of pace picante.

Fwiw, my G44 does just fine with bulk ammo, but it does have issues locking back the slide sometimes. I've also heard they explode in your hands on the very first round because plastic.

Glad you found a pistol you can enjoy, it's a rare thing to find a kel tec in the good times, let alone now

Fwiw, my G44 does just fine with bulk ammo, but it does have issues locking back the slide sometimes. I've also heard they explode in your hands on the very first round because plastic.

Glad you found a pistol you can enjoy, it's a rare thing to find a kel tec in the good times, let alone now
It was the last one they had in stock and indicated they'd not be getting replenished for some time.

BTW, Daniel @ Gunrunner in Jct. City said he sells them for $119! Has a waiting list 15 deep. What I know about retail margins in the gun biz, they can't be making more than a few dollars a piece at that price.

My G43 has never even jammed once in five years, and it happily eats any 9mm round... and I keep it really clean. I gave the G44 a really good look. Might still pick one up bc I really like the form factor. But honestly, I can't believe I got a gun this good for $200. $189 actually plus the $10 BGC.

I should also mention I have a .40 Sub2K which is just amazingly fun to shoot, especially if you like hot blowback in your face!

If you are doing that with iron sights that is damn good shooting. I can't do that at 50 ft any more :(
Poly sights w neon green fiber optic front. It's a tack driver. The trigger is fantastic right out of the box. Seriously makes my beloved Ruger MkIII Competition model feel clunky and old-fashioned.

Last Edited:
Agreed. No way, not off hand.
Yeah, I did the bullseye competition scene for a while and shot with some of the best shooters around in the state. Even with Olympic gear and the finest .22lr ammunition money can buy, most would struggle to shoot a consistent 2in group at 50 yards. I'd be surprised if the keltec could print a 2in group @50y in a ransom rest.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top