JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got back from my local ffl where I picked up a nice little s&w 637 air weight and was doing my paperwork like normal when at the end she pulled out another sheet i haven't seen before. It was labeled department of licensing at the top and had all my info on there she asked me to look over it and sign it. Told her hadn't seen this before and she said it was just due to doing all the back ground Checks online now but I really didn't like seeing dol on there. Anybody else come across this yet?

DOL has maintained a de facto pistol registry for quite a few years now in WA. There has been the extra page you sign for as long as they've been doing it.

Prior to 594, it was basically toothless because it could have changed hands 10 times if they ever came asking about a particular handgun in their database, but now they can track them from owner to owner.

LEO also has access to this info.

Weird. Maybe it depends on the ffl. I do all mine at tropic pawn in orchards she said they just started it a month or two ago. I was in last week to sell not buy and didn't notice it then.

No it's not the application that was the same as always that I had to fill out this was just one page and was printed out with all my info already on it and they just had me look over it and sign it. Should have asked her for a copy to post

Crappy as they sometimes are, cell phone cameras can be handy for quick document copying.

It's been a couple of years since I bought a pistol, next time (if there is one) I'll pay attention to the docs.

I was surprised when I had to fill it out. Bought several handguns on sale and had them all shipped to my FFL. Had no idea that was something the FED's tracked.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top