JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got a p229. It is not an elite dark, just a regular sig. I was in the shop today and saw this used one for $600 with no box but finish like 99% condition and I was like, I want that. So I quit the order for a p229 elite dark (which apparently may be months before they do another run of those) and put the moneys on this. I thought, "well I could probably upgrade this one to all the things the elite has that I want for about the same price as the elite, and I can have this now so what the ****."
IMG_0129.jpg

Trigger is typical awesome sig trigger with a DA pull maybe only a teeeeeensy bit grittier than the one in the CZ-75 pre-B I had. Very nice and smooth. SA pull is at least as good if not better than the CZ. Love the decocker.

Of course this matters little because I will probably have it upgraded to the short-reset trigger.
IMG_0135.jpg

Bore is spotless, it looks like it was not fired very much. Couldn't get a good bore pic though, my camera skills are rather poor.
IMG_0137.jpg

Sights are standard sig sights, will probably swap these out for tritium night sights.
IMG_0142.jpg

<broken link removed>
Custom shop prices. Apparently it will be $55 shipping, $99.95 for the short-reset trigger installation, $119.95 for the siglite night sights installation, and threaded barrels are $266.

So... I guess it is more than if I just waited for the elite dark by about $100. :/ Oh well. I wasn't too sure how I felt about that beaver tail anyway. And I don't have to wait. I will probably wait on the threaded barrel too since it will be awhile before I get a 9mm suppressor.

Want Noveske AR-15 next and tacticool.

Range report coming this weekend.

I was at the range a month ago and an old timer was there with a 228 in 9mm. He let me shoot it. Next week my glock was gone and I am just waiting to pick up my CPO 229 in 40 transferred through another dealer. Have been wanting one of these for a long time. Very very nice guns.

They found the box. They said it didn't come with a box when I bought it. They LIED! Anyway, it is a RED box. D: neat
IMG_0143.jpg

They probably withheld the box until after the sale to hide the fact that its a refurb model which is a little shady. Anyways it should still be an awesome pistol and you will be very happy with Sig!

They probably withheld the box until after the sale to hide the fact that its a refurb model which is a little shady. Anyways it should still be an awesome pistol and you will be very happy with Sig!

Naw, it said on the tag that it was a used pistol. Gun Broker Tigard is a pretty reputable shop. I thought it was one that someone had just sold/traded to the shop though. Certified pre-owned is better cuz I get a 1-year warranty with it AND a nice hard pistol case.

I just bought a P229 as well, and I have to say I am really impressed with the build quality. I've wanted one for a long time, because I like the metal frame, and Sig's reputation. Since this is my first Sig, I'm curious to know what you guys would recommend to clean/maintain my new baby? I was reading the owner's manual (I know who reads those anyway?) and it stated not use solvents when cleaning the gun. Will Hoppes damage the finish of the gun? I also noticed that the finish on my P229 collects a lot of lint from the cotton cloth I use on my other guns. Lastly, how much lube should I use on the slide? The gun came out of the box pretty oily, but I'm sure that was for shipping/storage. Any suggestions?

It is TOTALLY safe to use hoppe's on your sig. This is what I use on ALL of my sigs...

Hoppe's no.9 for cleaning the bore
Breakfree CLP for everything else
Lubriplate 105 for the rails and other contact surfaces. This is a grease that can be found at auto part stores. It is just like the TW-25B grease that is shipped in a little sample tube that sig includes with all new pistols (when the lackys there remember to throw it in the case). The only difference is the price.

I also recommend a silicon treated cloth for wiping down the frame/slide external surfaces.

Any questions, feel free to ask. :)

It is TOTALLY safe to use hoppe's on your sig. This is what I use on ALL of my sigs...

Hoppe's no.9 for cleaning the bore
Breakfree CLP for everything else
Lubriplate 105 for the rails and other contact surfaces. This is a grease that can be found at auto part stores. It is just like the TW-25B grease that is shipped in a little sample tube that sig includes with all new pistols (when the lackys there remember to throw it in the case). The only difference is the price.

I also recommend a silicon treated cloth for wiping down the frame/slide external surfaces.

Any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Thanks for the quick reply! :s0155: I will definately get some lubriplate 105 this afternoon.

IMG_0165.jpg
Range Report:

100rds of 9mm 115gr FMJ
~70rds of assorted 9mm defensive hollowpoints

WOW this gun is accurate. Definitely outshoots me anyway. Recoil was... nonexistent, typical of a metal frame 9mm, at least with the 115gr FMJs. The defensive stuff kicked a bit more of course. Very easy to keep this gun on target. If I have one complaint, it is that the trigger reset is very long compared to me old CZ. Fortunately this will be fixed soon with the short-reset trigger! :)

Well, looks like JC did the night sight job pretty well.

10 yards, 50 rounds. There used to be an orange sticker on there...
IMG_0188.jpg

And 40 yards, 10 rounds. Well, they are all on the target at least!
IMG_0190.jpg

Love my 229. I have had it for about a year now. I have it in .40 and I also have the .22 conversion kit for plinking. The gun has been rock solid. Zero jams or issues. Same model you picked up.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top