JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey, Here's a bit of a back story that got me into purchasing a handgun specifically the XD-40, working at wally-world we had a "incident", cant go into any detail due to a NDA...seems weird but whatever. Anyway after the recent incident I went over to cabela's (just opened up at tulalip) and went through the whole background check you have to do, Hope they dont find my secret criminal record!

Anyway I am still waiting on the background check to come back and finally put some cash on the gun for layaway.

a bit about myself

college student at evcc for computer information systems a
and I sadly work at walmart!, hey its a job.

lastly, Any suggestions on whats good ammo for practice, and yes i will take a class, whats good self defence ammo and would a open carry holster be advised?

edit: whats a good place to shoot?

Welcome to the forum.
The Winchester white box is pretty good in the XD, I use to shoot it until i started rolling my own.(reloading)
SD ammo - I like the jacketed hollow point in the 40 S&W.
ranges - click on this url Shooting Ranges

Your holster choice is like picking underwear. Get what fits you. Most shops are very happy to help with choice and fitting. They can even do it at Cabellas.

I started with and used OC and CC holsters and still do. The full discussion of holsters is a whole world in its self. Like the jarheads say "There are many like it but this one is mine."

HOWDY, Now go forth and get FORUMLIZED.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top