JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure of the significance of the declaration. The declaration was issued on the 2nd and the original complaint was admitted on the 1st. The case number is the same and has -IM after it.

Anyone know what this means? Is it amplifying information that provides more facts?

Since this one is the NRA backed complaint, I'm assuming they know what they're doing. Just wondering what it means.

The cost breakout was interesting in this, saying the program would cost over $50M the first year.

at $65 per permit x 300,000 applicants in the first year that is $19.5M, so over $30M short of expected costs to implement and no other funding source has been created/identified.

The cost breakout was interesting in this, saying the program would cost over $50M the first year.

at $65 per permit x 300,000 applicants in the first year that is $19.5M, so over $30M short of expected costs to implement and no other funding source has been created/identified.
Yeah the math isn't there. Also how many people won't get a permit? There is a lot and that will make it even less money.

The 'Cover Oregon' debacle in case some don't remember.

They spent $160 million+ and couldn't get it right.:rolleyes:

(Via Wikipedia)

Development of the website that would process online enrollments was done by Oracle Corporation and managed by the state of Oregon rather than an independent systems integrator. The project was plagued by numerous management and technological issues, and though the website was supposed to begin processing enrollments on October 1, by mid-October, it was unable to process any enrollments. As of mid-December 2013, the deadline for enrollment for coverage beginning January 1, the state had spent nearly $160 million and the site still could not process online enrollments. Governor John Kitzhaber informed Oregon residents that they should obtain a paper application SOUND FAMILIAR? and mail it in to obtain coverage. The state hired or reassigned nearly 500 people to process paper applications.

As of April 2014, the website was still not accepting online enrollments. 200,000 people had enrolled in Cover Oregon via paper applications, the majority through the Oregon Health Plan (Oregon's implementation of Medicaid). Cover Oregon Executive Director Rocky King and Oregon Health Authority chief information officer Carolyn Lawson both resigned in the wake of the failure of the website. Interim executive director Bruce Goldberg stepped down in April 2014 and was replaced by Clyde Hamstreet, a consultant who specializes in corporate turnarounds.

Faced with millions to make Cover Oregon functional, the board of directors voted in April 2014 to scrap the website in favor of adopting the Federal HealthCare.gov website for 2015 enrollments. Existing subscribers will have to re-enroll with the Federal exchange.

One other aspect than not having the money for it.... if there are currently well over 300k gun owners in OR, and by their logic, they will all need a purchase permit... how long exactly do they think the backlog of 300k applications will take?

They are promising 30 days?

Their math isn't adding up on many fronts, I would say.

Not sure of the significance of the declaration. The declaration was issued on the 2nd and the original complaint was admitted on the 1st. The case number is the same and has -IM after it.

Anyone know what this means? Is it amplifying information that provides more facts?

Since this one is the NRA backed complaint, I'm assuming they know what they're doing. Just wondering what it means.
Just guessing, but I speculate the IM means assigned to Judge IMmergut.

Looks like this is part of the info that persuaded the AG to ask for a partial delay. I'm sure AG has this document, and many more of like tenor.

One other aspect than not having the money for it.... if there are currently well over 300k gun owners in OR, and by their logic, they will all need a purchase permit... how long exactly do they think the backlog of 300k applications will take?

They are promising 30 days?

Their math isn't adding up on many fronts, I would say.
Yep it's all smoke and mirrors and fairy dust. Hopefully the judge see past it. If thay does work Hopefully SCOTUS chimes in soon.

Yep it's all smoke and mirrors and fairy dust. Hopefully the judge see past it. If thay does work Hopefully SCOTUS chimes in soon.
In all fairness... if they included bottled unicorn farts... I might change my position and support it. Every person has their price to give up their rights, right.

Oh.. wait.... 🤣

In all fairness... if they included bottled unicorn farts... I might change my position and support it. Every person has their price to give up their rights, right.

Oh.. wait.... 🤣
Lmao! Well if they had unicorn farts in a bottle they wouldn't be fighting us they would just use the bottle on us.

The permit is just for buying a new gun. If you already have a gun and dont want to ever get a new one then you will never need the permit.
That's.... not entirely accurate.... 🤣

Let's say, if you ever want to buy a gun from or through an FFL you will have to apply for the states permission to do so.

There are alternative means to add a new firearm to your collection.

(I know what you meant, though.) 👍

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top