JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,

Wife and I relocated/retired to Woodburn Oregon a few months ago from Florida.
Just a small adjustment weather wise.
I'll be more of a reader than a writer, I adhere to the old saying "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt", unless I have one too many bourbons and/or Russian Imperial Stouts and the fool in me starts working the keyboard.
Thanks to Joe Link for letting me join this forum!
I've been lurking a couple of months and have to say this seems to be a fine crowd and I'm happy to be here!
I'm a fairly longtime member of 1911 Firearm addicts forum under the same moniker and avatar as I'm using here.

Regards/cheers to all,
Jon

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

1678418466651.png

Aloha, Mark

Welcome.

What possessed you to move from Florida to Oregon......I spend time in both and would like to switch legal residency to Florida. Ormond Beach area north of Daytona.

Welcome.

What possessed you to move from Florida to Oregon......I spend time in both and would like to switch legal residency to Florida. Ormond Beach area north of Daytona.
Thank you for the welcome, our only child moved to Portland a few years ago and momma wasn't at all happy with him being so far away, you know the old saying "if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy", so here I am.
I'm familiar with Ormond Bch., I lived in Daytona for a couple years back in 1978 to attend the Daytona Bch. Community College, worked at a pizza place in Holly Hill. That whole area has grown/changed significantly since I was there.

Welcome here! Sorry for your addiction to Jeeps :) But all LandCruises owners feel that way for Jeep owners ;-) I'm contemplating the opposite move you just made, tiring of the cold and my aging mother lives there and my wife loves it there... maybe in a few years.

Start your vitamin D supplements now...

Spent the mid '70's serving in southern Georgia aka Jacksonville Fla-da (go Flying Gators VMA142).
Never should have left, seriously miss the BBQ and fish shacks, not so much the snakes and giant bugs.
Not saying that the cockroach that I shared a barracks room with was big but..., when his girlfriend spent the night I couldn't fight the two of them and would just let them have the bed...

Serious about the vitamin D, its not something most doctors will have you tested for. Having bounced back and forth between the sunbelt and the North West multiple times, wasn't till I landed in Idaho that I was ever tested.

Spent the mid '70's serving in southern Georgia aka Jacksonville Fla-da (go Flying Gators VMA142).
Never should have left, seriously miss the BBQ and fish shacks, not so much the snakes and giant bugs.
Not saying that the cockroach that I shared a barracks room with was big but..., when his girlfriend spent the night I couldn't fight the two of them and would just let them have the bed...

Serious about the vitamin D, its not something most doctors will have you tested for. Having bounced back and forth between the sunbelt and the North West multiple times, wasn't till I landed in Idaho that I was ever tested.
I kinda miss alligators, swamps, cute little geckos, warm gulf-side beaches with water so crystal-clear you can see the giant sting rays lolling on the bottom fifty feet down, swimming in warm ocean water, collecting beautiful whole sea shells after every storm, and the intoxicating aroma of orange groves in bloom. Glad to do without the hurricanes, muggy hot summer weather, poisonous snakes, roaches, and giant waterbugs. Sorry I missed out on the giant pythons. They invaded and took over after I left.

I kinda miss alligators, swamps, cute little geckos, warm gulf-side beaches with water so crystal-clear you can see the giant sting rays lolling on the bottom fifty feet down, swimming in warm ocean water, collecting beautiful whole sea shells after every storm, and the intoxicating aroma of orange groves in bloom. Glad to do without the hurricanes, muggy hot summer weather, poisonous snakes, roaches, and giant waterbugs. Sorry I missed out on the giant pythons. They invaded and took over after I left.
Ah yes and motorcycling during love bug season and the looks from the restaurant patrons when one stopped for lunch covered with them, some still coupled and fluttering. :s0092:

Good Point! Last time I was at my doctor's he was telling me that he suffered from Winter Depression. He said that the best natural source of Vitamin D was MUSHROOMS!

Just FYI.

I just returned from Florida a couple days ago.
Why would one move from there to here?:cool:

I understand. That was a rhetorical question. 🤔

Seriously, welcome.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show