JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2385...regon-s-new-law-now-requires-gun-owners-to-do

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics...ns-new-law-now-requires-gun-owners-to-do.html

I got an email, that said, no one knows what the law really says, not even a Defense Attorney.
But the fish wapper does?

for example:

" (b) A device incorporated into the design of the firearm that is designed to prevent the operation of the firearm by any person not having access to the device.

If you are scratching your head, you are not alone."

I took your comments as anti-child endangerment, BY BEING DRUNK.

I did not see anti gun.
Nothing wrong with being drunk (but my ex was A drunk and I got pretty tired of it), but it used to be common for parents to leave kids in the car while they went in the bar to drink. That pizzes me off. IIRC in this case the kids were in the car with a loaded rifle during the drinking and one of them was dicking with it and pulled the trigger.

Nothing wrong with being drunk (but my ex was A drunk and I got pretty tired of it), but it used to be common for parents to leave kids in the car while they went in the bar to drink. That pizzes me off. IIRC in this case the kids were in the car with a loaded rifle during the drinking and one of them was dicking with it and pulled the trigger.
Agreed. I was not specific enough. Being in a mind altered state when one is the 'responsible' adult stewarding minors and firearms is an adbication of responsibility and criminal negligence. Not the gun or the booze at fault here. I blame the drunk.

A gun dealer must post in a prominent location a notice, in block letters not less than one inch in height, that states, "The purchaser of a firearm has an obligation to store firearms in a safe manner and to prevent unsupervised access to a firearm by a minor.
^^^ Idiotic nanny state BS, that nobody will read or give 2 sh about.

Holding people's hands is not our jobs as an FFL.

Next they will make liquor stores display a sign that says the purchaser is has an obligation to not drink and drive.

Cable locks and trigger locks are not "incorporated into the design" of a firearm.

No firearm currently made has such a feature. Tho they WANT to make "smart" guns which would. Maybe this a stealth way to bring that about???

Cable locks and trigger locks are not "incorporated into the design" of a firearm.

No firearm currently made has such a feature. Tho they WANT to make "smart" guns which would. Maybe this a stealth way to bring that about???
That would be like politicians coming with a "uphold the constitution" feature in order to get elected. They just don't seem to exist but somehow still get elected.

Maybe anti gun liberals, conspiracy theorists, or newbs think that a BGC at time of purchase in Oregon is a gun registration. 🤷‍♂️
Or maybe that part of the law that says the bgc information will be destroyed after the time elapse isn't really being followed and that data is being copied onto a "backup database" for long term.

I hope all those gun owners who when they had a chance to vote for someone running against Kate, who said the other person was not "good enough" are still happy they helped Kate win.
That's been my line since the brown/Buehler votes were tallied way back when. Those folks don't ever seem to step foreward and apologize.
:(

If this was really about safety then it would have been about promoting safety by the following:
  • Educational safety campaigns including within schools
  • Free trigger locks by request or at police stations
  • Tax incentives for the purchase of lockable storage and safes.
  • Mental health programs to help treat those who may want to harm themselves and others
  • Perhaps consider punishment for criminals instead of catch and release policies
Instead it's about advancing the anti gun agenda by treating otherwise law abiding citizens as criminals while they refuse to treat criminals like criminals.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top