JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I went into North West armory in Tigard to buy a G48 they have some really great customer service! When I was waiting outside for them to open I noticed a sign I wish I had gotten a picture maybe it's on my Recipe I'll check when I have a second but essentially it was a Tax for an any item purchased. I think it was 0.56% or something like that but I still found it interesting! Is this something state wide now?? I also find it funny that the same people constantly trying to take our second amendment right are the same people that surely don't mind profiting off us. Oh the irony

Last Edited:
Corporate activity tax. Technically, it's not a sales tax, but a tax on corporate income. But guess who is going to pay it?

I work at a new car dealership. If you want to buy a new car in Oregon, you will pay the corporate activity tax, and also the "privilege tax". The second one is a tax on the car dealer for the "privilege" of being able to sell new cars in Oregon. The proceeds are used to pay $2500 to those who purchase or lease electric cars.

Corporate activity tax. Technically, it's not a sales tax, but a tax on corporate income. But guess who is going to pay it?

I work at a new car dealership. If you want to buy a new car in Oregon, you will pay the corporate activity tax, and also the "privilege tax". The second one is a tax on the car dealer for the "privilege" of being able to sell new cars in Oregon. The proceeds are used to pay $2500 to those who purchase or lease electric cars.
Oh brother . facepalm.gif

Teslas have a larger carbon footprint than some gasoline cars.
Their emission levels of smug are at dangerous proportions, causing people to ignore the tradeoffs and deficits of producing these so called "zero emissions vehicles".

But they make them feeeeel so good about themselves...

Screenshot_20210720-150433_Opera.jpg

-Robert

Their emission levels of smug are at dangerous proportions, causing people to ignore the tradeoffs and deficits of producing these so called "zero emissions vehicles".

But they make them feeeeel so good about themselves...

View attachment 995523

-Robert
Yep, had an aunt go apoplectic on me when I showed her the DoE report on the carbon footprint of the Tesla and the dependent political mess it also involves. I did it because I *knew* it would blow her gasket and wanted to phuk with her because she was so smug and so damn mean to my cousin's wife.

Yep, had an aunt go apoplectic on me when I showed her the DoE report on the carbon footprint of the Tesla and the dependent political mess it also involves. I did it because I *knew* it would blow her gasket and wanted to phuk with her because she was so smug and so damn mean to my cousin's wife.
You have the link handy by chance?

This tax is being passed on for things most of the voters didn't realize they would pay for. Food, gasoline, natural gas, electricity, clothing, medicine, health care, and many other things that the average voter would want to exempt from a sales tax.

It is ironic that people who cannot afford a "environmentally friendly" vehicle are forced to pay a tax that subsidizes wealthier people who buy those vehicles. Does that seem fair?

Ugh, the thought of subsidizing Prius ninjas, Leaf fleas, and Tesla prigs. Teslas have a larger carbon footprint than some gasoline cars.
At the time of production and through the first ~20k miles that is correct. After that EV's will produce less greenhouse gases over their operational lifetime. They are also far better year to year. *I don't own and EV nor am I an advocate.

To get back on track, I purchased a pistol from NWA in February and don't remember paying any extra fee. I'm guessing it's built into the cost of the item?

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads