Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New Oregon Democrat/Bloomberg push for background checks in 2014?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by tiggers97, Dec 13, 2013.

1. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

So OFF has been hearing rumors that there will be another push for background checks at the state level, maybe as early as February.

My guess is they will be having help from Bloomberg (you know, the NewYork guy who knows best and surrounds himself with armed men for his own protection).

I took a look on the linked Coordinated Legal Tech website in the article above and found the following. Looks like they have been setting up shop since August/2013. Not sure if it's just paperwork they are doing across the country, or getting ready for something bigger.

{background search-engine noises}. Here we go. This was back in May. Not sure if the lobbyists mentioned in the article are/were still working for the MAIG beast. But definitely something to keep an eye on.

GOG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

GOG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Great, another nanny state enabler. Penny Okamoto.....you suck.

4. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Just sent the state legislators the wanted posters for the mayors.................

5. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Where's the call for I.Q. tests for anyone seeking public office? We need a standard of smarts for these people, not a race to the shallow-end of the gene pool.

6. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

They are not stupid, they are evil Progressive Communists out to literally destroy America. The kindest thing one might say is that they are Useful Idiots or a Comrade J said in his biography "bubblegum eaters" because they will swallow anything placed in front of them

7. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if it gets out of committee in a short session. They've got just over a month.

Look at the proposed bills closely and contact people. Last year,Greenlick's office stopped responding to communications for a while after they were overwhelmed with criticism of his gun ban. I wouldn't shed a tear if Burdick's office dedicated a lot of its time dealing with calls and emails over her gun bills.

8. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

The Mayors Against Illegal Guns Action Fund is not a "Public Benefit" non profit despite what the state records show.

9. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

I personally wouldn't shed a tear if Burdick tripped over her Birkenstocks and fell into a log chipper......but that's just my sensitive side coming out.

DMax and (deleted member) like this.