JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wrote both my representatives today in my Oregon district and one replied.
Senator Elizabeth Steiner gave me why she's supporting it and claiming none of these will hurt us gun owners.

What a joke. What a joke !!!!
Please Oregonian, Please reach out to your reps. it doesn't matter if you won't change their minds. Put the fear in them that we are watching, their jobs are on the line !!
https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/house/pages/representativesall.aspx
Can you share what she said? What her reasoning is?

The proponents of HB2005 are doing some last minute stuffing of the testimony> If you hadn't already please get in there and let them know of their folly. https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2023R1/Measures/Testimony/HB2005
How do I send a testimony? this is ridiculous, we just had a Federal judge strike down and give Polymer 80 a TRO/temp injunction and now Oregon wants to take away our rights to make our own firearms.....
Can you share what she said? What her reasoning is?

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns about House Bills 2005, 2006, and 2007. I understand that we must prioritize public safety without violating the Constitution. I am supportive of these bills because they address specific risk factors that increase gun violence, suicide, and accidents involving firearms. I want to address your concerns about the language of these bills and clarify a few key points.

HB 2005: Prohibits manufacture or possession of firearms or firearm receivers that lack serial numbers and firearms that lack a metal piece (called a security exemplar) that allows metal detectors to detect firearms. HB 2005 closes the loophole that allows people to circumvent the law to acquire a gun without adhering to the rules that regulate all firearms. It is important to note that this bill does not criminalize the manufacture of detectable firearms. There will still be legal avenues by which eligible hobbyists can build firearms that are traceable.

HB 2006: Under current law, 18-to-20-year-olds in Oregon can buy semiautomatic shotguns and rifles—even though they are prohibited from purchasing handguns from licensed dealers. HB 2006 would expand this category of prohibited firearms to include firearms other than handguns as well as alternative means of acquiring firearms, with specified exceptions. People under 21 would still be allowed to possess certain types of rifles and possess firearms given to them by their parents or guardians.

Over the last few decades we have seen an alarming increase in mass shootings, often committed by men under the age of 21. We know that there are many factors that contribute to such violence, and one that is key is the age of the assailant. We also know that the association between firearm availability and suicide is strongest among adolescents and young adults. Because impulse regulation and emotional control continues to develop into the mid-20s, young people, including adolescents and people under age 21, are at elevated risk of attempting suicide. Gun access can significantly increase these risks. One study found that state laws raising the minimum legal age to purchase firearms to 21 years were associated with a nine percent decline in rates of firearm suicides among 18-to-20-year-olds.

Research shows that individuals aged 18-to-20 years old commit gun homicides at a rate nearly 3 times greater than adults 21-and-over. For example, 18-20-year-olds comprise just 4% of the US population, but account for 17% of known homicide offenders. Since young adults are at elevated risk of attempting suicide and engaging in violent behaviors, strengthening minimum age laws for purchasing and possessing guns will help protect young people and the public at large.

HB 2007: Under current law, people with concealed carry licenses are allowed to carry firearms in public buildings where guns are otherwise prohibited. HB 2007 which would give local governments the authority to make the public safety decision to prohibit all guns on municipal property if they so choose. This bill expands on a law adopted two years ago that prohibited concealed guns at the state Capitol and Portland International Airport and empowered school districts to opt in. I support giving cities and counties the option to follow suit.

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns about House Bills 2005, 2006, and 2007.....
Gotta love how she just re-vomits all those "facts" quoted straight from giffords. Neither accurate or based on facts. IE., just the suicide rate thing... the age groups with the highest risk/rate of suicide is among whites, male (by a factor of 4 over women) and over 24yrs old. In fact, suicides of youth between 15-24 is the LOWEST risk age group.

From the CDC date (as opposed to giffords website "data facts"):

1679540845899.png

Ask her to explain that!

Gotta love how she just re-vomits all those "facts" quoted straight from giffords. Neither accurate or based on facts. IE., just the suicide rate thing... the age groups with the highest risk/rate of suicide is among whites, male (by a factor of 4 over women) and over 24yrs old. In fact, suicides of youth between 15-24 is the LOWEST risk age group.

From the CDC date (as opposed to giffords website "data facts"):

View attachment 1389124

Ask her to explain that!
Well, it is well known that cracking down on the law abiding citizens will force the criminal elements to comply...

How do I send a testimony? this is ridiculous, we just had a Federal judge strike down and give Polymer 80 a TRO/temp injunction and now Oregon wants to take away our rights to make our own firearms.....

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns about House Bills 2005, 2006, and 2007. I understand that we must prioritize public safety without violating the Constitution. I am supportive of these bills because they address specific risk factors that increase gun violence, suicide, and accidents involving firearms. I want to address your concerns about the language of these bills and clarify a few key points.

HB 2005: Prohibits manufacture or possession of firearms or firearm receivers that lack serial numbers and firearms that lack a metal piece (called a security exemplar) that allows metal detectors to detect firearms. HB 2005 closes the loophole that allows people to circumvent the law to acquire a gun without adhering to the rules that regulate all firearms. It is important to note that this bill does not criminalize the manufacture of detectable firearms. There will still be legal avenues by which eligible hobbyists can build firearms that are traceable.

HB 2006: Under current law, 18-to-20-year-olds in Oregon can buy semiautomatic shotguns and rifles—even though they are prohibited from purchasing handguns from licensed dealers. HB 2006 would expand this category of prohibited firearms to include firearms other than handguns as well as alternative means of acquiring firearms, with specified exceptions. People under 21 would still be allowed to possess certain types of rifles and possess firearms given to them by their parents or guardians.

Over the last few decades we have seen an alarming increase in mass shootings, often committed by men under the age of 21. We know that there are many factors that contribute to such violence, and one that is key is the age of the assailant. We also know that the association between firearm availability and suicide is strongest among adolescents and young adults. Because impulse regulation and emotional control continues to develop into the mid-20s, young people, including adolescents and people under age 21, are at elevated risk of attempting suicide. Gun access can significantly increase these risks. One study found that state laws raising the minimum legal age to purchase firearms to 21 years were associated with a nine percent decline in rates of firearm suicides among 18-to-20-year-olds.

Research shows that individuals aged 18-to-20 years old commit gun homicides at a rate nearly 3 times greater than adults 21-and-over. For example, 18-20-year-olds comprise just 4% of the US population, but account for 17% of known homicide offenders. Since young adults are at elevated risk of attempting suicide and engaging in violent behaviors, strengthening minimum age laws for purchasing and possessing guns will help protect young people and the public at large.

HB 2007: Under current law, people with concealed carry licenses are allowed to carry firearms in public buildings where guns are otherwise prohibited. HB 2007 which would give local governments the authority to make the public safety decision to prohibit all guns on municipal property if they so choose. This bill expands on a law adopted two years ago that prohibited concealed guns at the state Capitol and Portland International Airport and empowered school districts to opt in. I support giving cities and counties the option to follow suit.
follow the link . click on - 1679583238179.png

Rep. Paul Evans, D-Monmouth and a gun owner, said the bill strikes the right balance between respecting the heritage of Oregon hunters and military service and keeping lethal, easily reloadable firearms designed to kill people out of the hands of young people.

"The problem is that there's some young people who aren't capable of having a firearm and when they do, they're not getting the behavioral health or mental health support they need and they use that instrument to do things that they shouldn't do," said Evans. "We basically said, 'Across the board, 21 is the age to drink in Oregon. Twenty-one is the age in Oregon to buy any type of firearm you want. But if you're younger than 21, we're going to restrict it to hunting weapons.'"

Evans said proposals are likely to have support among responsible gun owners. "The folks who grew up with guns and gun culture will recognize we're not trying to do a wholesale ban," Evans said. "And even though there's a few loud voices that will say that, most gun owners that are responsible will understand that this is a smart move."
We need to stop letting Fudds write the narrative. That would be a good start. I doubt this turd stain has anything more than a double-barrel that he hasn't touched in 5 years.

Those of you that have procrastinated about submitting your opinions still have time. You can submit testimony on house bills 2005, 2006 and 2007 until 5pm tonight.

Here are the links: 2005, 2006, and 2007. You can read the testimony of others to get an idea of what to say. You can also make a statement referring to all three and paste it in testimony for each bill. You do not need to be an Oregon voter to submit your opinion but remember that time is running out.

Some feel that it's a priveledge, some feel that it's a right, and some of us feel that we have an obligation to participate in how we are governed. Whichever way your feel, please stand up and let your voice be heard before it's too late.

Those of you that have procrastinated about submitting your opinions still have time. You can submit testimony on house bills 2005, 2006 and 2007 until 5pm tonight.

Here are the links: 2005, 2006, and 2007. You can read the testimony of others to get an idea of what to say. You can also make a statement referring to all three and paste it in testimony for each bill. You do not need to be an Oregon voter to submit your opinion but remember that time is running out.

Some feel that it's a priveledge, some feel that it's a right, and some of us feel that we have an obligation to participate in how we are governed. Whichever way your feel, please stand up and let your voice be heard before it's too late.
damm Just seeing this now ! sigh

Sorry for the computer screen shot, but this is one example of how much the commies lie. From the Oregonian regarding "ghost guns" claiming there are no metal components.

Um, I'm pretty sure the slide, barrel, springs, extractor, pins, trigger bar, etc are all still metal. Buncha lying sacks of 💩!

PXL_20230323_153536959.jpg

Last Edited:
Just received from OFF. Looks like the Legislature is pre-empting Courts decision on 114. I know a lot of folk here have the patience and knowledge to unravel legal psychobabble. While of this seems to further muddy the permit to purchase requirements, there is a small blurb at the beginning about no more than 10 rnd magazines.
Info is in the other thread: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/2023-gun-bills-dropped.437232/post-3544103

I just sent an email to every single one of them .......
You can always write to each of the house judiciary committee members. Here's the list of members: https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2023R1/Committees/HJUD/Overview You can copy and paste your comments, but do not include every representative as a cc or bc in your emails. Send them individually. It's OK to include comments for all three bills in one email.
Already had one of them respond within an hour. Rep. Rick Lewis responded with

Firefox_Screenshot_2023-03-25T16-40-07.007Z.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top