JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://www.oregonlive.com/politics...lls-to-receive-public-hearings-this-week.html

With all the injunctions in other states on unconstitutional laws and the most recent injunction/TRO for frames and receiver kits (big win for Polymer 80)
What are the chances of Oregon succeeding with this? Can they still go through with this and be like CA and WA ?
Do we see Harney County Circuit Court Judge Robert S. Raschio coming to our aide again ?
Hearings are on March 28th for this new set of infringing on our rights !!

Even worse than 114, Oregon also passed an initiative designed to prevent the minority party's legislators to stall or prevent legislation by refusing to show up and allow quorum. If they do so they are now prevented from running for re-election.

Yes, another successful "grass roots" effort to give a political party everything they want.

This allows the dominant party of gun grabbers to steamroll any legislation they want at any time.

The Tyranny of the Majority the Founding Fathers warned us about now dominates Oregon.

The only way to stop it is to change the dominant party, but they now have the controls to prevent that from happening.

Even worse than 114, Oregon also passed an initiative designed to prevent the minority party's legislators to stall or prevent legislation by refusing to show up and allow quorum. If they do so they are now prevented from running for re-election.

Yes, another successful "grass roots" effort to give a political party everything they want.

This allows the dominant party of gun grabbers to steamroll any legislation they want at any time.

The Tyranny of the Majority the Founding Fathers warned us about now dominates Oregon.

The only way to stop it is to change the dominant party, but they now have the controls to prevent that from happening.

1. Soap box (done)
2. Ballot box (done)
3. Jury box (in process)
4. Ammo box (standing by)

The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? ~~~ Ayn Rand

1. Soap box (done)
2. Ballot box (done)
3. Jury box (in process)
4. Ammo box (standing by)
Is there a lawsuit against the whole "make it unlawful for legislators to deny quorum"?

"This is an Editorial and informational alert primarily about HB2005. This legislation is being sold as outlawing "ghost guns". If you read it carefully there are at least two other major changes buried in the text over and above the outright ban on an individual's ability to make their own personal firearms without government oversight. Something that has been a long standing right as a citizen of the United States.

First, they are redefining what is considered a "frame" on a handgun (Section 1 (5)). It is loosely worded to apparently apply to the barrel and the slide and will require them to be serialized by a FFL gunsmith. This means they will need to go into the FFL's book, be serialized and then returned to you. I would assume this would apply to every pistol barrel and slide combo. Beyond the obvious redundancy of serializing an assembled firearm, it is another financial burden and registration of your components over and above the frame.

If this isn't bad enough they are proposing similar treatment to rifles. Section 1 (13) appears to apply to ALL upper receivers, barrels and bolt carrier groups. It's purposely vague so it is hard to define the components. Again you will be required to take the components to an FFL gunsmith, have him book your components, serialize them and return to you. Penalty for violating this bill will start as a class B misdemeanor punishable by 6 months in jail and a fine up to $2500. Of course this means you will need to go through the background check process to buy or sell these components. They are claiming this is an "emergency" so it can go into effect when signed.

As we all know there is no end to the attacks these people will pursue until no one has a firearm of any type. "Common Sense" gun law is a cover statement for the true agenda.

There are public hearings scheduled for Wednesday March 22nd @ 8 AM for 3 bills that will affect all of us in one way or another. They are HB2005, HB2006 and HB2007. Here is a link about the hearing HERE Please contact your legislature representatives HERE and tell them these bills are bad and discriminatory towards the poorer citizens of Oregon. Please make an effort to let your politicians know how you feel about these bills. The Oregon Shooting Sports Association has compiled a lot of great info HERE. HB 2527 passed through the committee today. It radically redefines paramilitary definitions and will most likely be used by the Attorney General to squelch dissent. It also allows civil suits against individuals. Read the text HERE Please become informed while there is still time."

Brian Boesch
Executive Director

I wrote both my representatives today in my Oregon district and one replied.
Senator Elizabeth Steiner gave me why she's supporting it and claiming none of these will hurt us gun owners.

What a joke. What a joke !!!!
Please Oregonian, Please reach out to your reps. it doesn't matter if you won't change their minds. Put the fear in them that we are watching, their jobs are on the line !!
https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/house/pages/representativesall.aspx

Per the Republican leadership, these are the legislators to contact who might be either on the fence as to whether or not to support the pending anti-gun and anti-protesting bills, or who might be able to procedurally stop or hold the bills up:
Having lobbied before personally and professionally, I'd recommend forum members not email them with the typical "THOU SHALL NOT INFRINGE MUH GHOST AR!!!" loud rhetoric, but rather strike a moderate tone and raise concerns about the bills on the ground that they are sloppy, vague, and could mean that every barrel and slide need to be serialized which would impose a severe hardship on most gun owners-- especially those with modest means.

It's time to face the music that Oregon is a polarized state, the Marxists outnumber the patriots, and our best hope for keeping this a free state is to win over moderates.

If your local legislator is already cemented on their position, please consider contacting the senators above and try to win them over.

Cheers.

HB 2005: Defines "undetectable firearms" and makes manufacturing, importing, offering for sale or transferring one a felony. It's so poorly written that it could be interpreted as requiring you serialize everything from your slide or upper receiver, to parts such as an AR barrel nut, a 1911 barrel bushing, grip, frame, pins, etc.

HB 2006: Essentially bans anyone under the age of 21 from buying or possessing any semi-automatic firearms (with narrow exceptions for hunting or target practice).

HB 2007: Allows localities to even further restrict and ban the possession of firearms. This bill will absolutely kill any state preemption which allows possession of firearms in the hostile blue counties.

HB 2572: Is probably the most aggressive and frightening bill. While it's an "anti-paramilitary" bill in title only, it'll likely be used by AG Roseblum against conservatives at political rallies and protests, and it will ban outdoorsmen and sportsmen from practicing drills at gun ranges. It could mean that some gun ranges would have to ban training and competition. Of course, it will never be used ever against Antifa, BLM rioters/looters, leftist flash mobs, or Portland anarchists.

Bruen was the equivalent to swatting a hornets nest and it falling from a tree. The bees are no longer in the tree but they are still stinging anyway they can and are madder than ever. I caved to the woke mob. When I see people in red states getting locked up for 100% justified use of force with laws on the books to support them in places like Arizona and kansas I have no desire to protect myself in Portland. I'd rather eat the pavement than sit in jail for life. Just my opinion and an unpopular one yes im aware but im just being realistic. Once you realize where we stand with DAs (take a look at trump) the law does not matter. You will be charged for any use of force situation by lib DAs or rural ones looking to save face. And USCCA isn't paying for your appeal. Just your trial. That's why I canceled my membership. Pure waste CCWSafe covers appeals but those places all fight to not spend money unless they have to. The true second amendment and right to self defense has been dead since 1994. I'm not willing to risk my life to be armed. Not when I see people put in jail for much less while they make a case and pray to be acquitted by some foaming at the most gun hater jurymem cherry picked by DA. Even if it's 100% justified and on camera. Trump is right America is dead. Doesn't matter if you live in Oregon or Arizona. Tucker Carlson did a great segment on self defense not existing anymore and he is right. This country is a blast joke compared the times of past and I don't want nothing to do with my oregon CHL as of most recent. DA can charge who they want and based on what research I've done it doesn't matter where you live.

...Trump is right America is dead. Doesn't matter if you live in Oregon or Arizona. Tucker Carlson did a great segment on self defense not existing anymore and he is right. This country is a blast joke compared the times of past and I don't want nothing to do with my oregon CHL as of most recent. DA can charge who they want and based on what research I've done it doesn't matter where you live.
A few time zones away, there's this guy called Putin who is looking for recruits. You sound like the right material. Good luck!

A few time zones away, there's this guy called Putin who is looking for recruits. You sound like the right material. Good luck!
I'm sorry I busted your bubble kid. The truth hurts. No reason to get upset at me because you live in a bubble. Plenty of evidence to support my argument. It's all fun and games and guns this and guns that until you end up in jail on a second degree murder charge for using justified force, rotting away for years on end until a federal appellate court finally decides to hear your case. Do some research. Lots of good people in jail for justified self defense. America has been disarmed for quite sometime. Its a sick new world and I'm not going to end up in a jail cell over a use of force incident that could have been avoided. I value my freedom too much. No thanks.

HB 2005: Defines "undetectable firearms" and makes manufacturing, importing, offering for sale or transferring one a felony. It's so poorly written that it could be interpreted as requiring you serialize everything from your slide or upper receiver, to parts such as an AR barrel nut, a 1911 barrel bushing, grip, frame, pins, etc.

HB 2006: Essentially bans anyone under the age of 21 from buying or possessing any semi-automatic firearms (with narrow exceptions for hunting or target practice).

HB 2007: Allows localities to even further restrict and ban the possession of firearms. This bill will absolutely kill any state preemption which allows possession of firearms in the hostile blue counties.

HB 2572: Is probably the most aggressive and frightening bill. While it's an "anti-paramilitary" bill in title only, it'll likely be used by AG Roseblum against conservatives at political rallies and protests, and it will ban outdoorsmen and sportsmen from practicing drills at gun ranges. It could mean that some gun ranges would have to ban training and competition. Of course, it will never be used ever against Antifa, BLM rioters/looters, leftist flash mobs, or Portland anarchists.
The big kick in the shorts with all of these new bills is there is NO grandfathering. Once enacted, possession of any and all will constitute a crime. If I'm not mistaken (I could be though) there are also no provisions for reimbursements which will constitue illegal takings.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top