JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Depends, what do you want it for?

The two I have are older, one is rarely shot and one is never shot(still unfired from 1970). If I wanted a shooter I'd look for a decent old one but more likely just a new one. Most guys want a lot of money for an old one.

Long ago, my wife bought me a collectable Bearcat for Christmas. Fabulous little gun! I wore it for years on the belt of my external frame backpack, as well as on the belt of my fanny pack. I haven't hefted a new one, but the alloy model was lightweight enough to be easily packed around like that. Isn't alloy good enough for .22lr? I never needed a transfer bar because I never dropped it.

I did enjoy the half-cock position, which in general i think is good enough. The single action trigger took just a whisper to make the pistol go bang.

It's now with my stepson. Gotta pass these treasures down!!

I shoulda asked if it's Ruger or Stutz...though I think the old vs new question would be moot in the latter case.:rolleyes:
This Stutz belonged to elvis.

serveimageelvis.jpg

I have a well worn first year Colt Frontier Scout, that was one of Colt's newer alloy frames, killed a dozen snakes. It is bigger than a Bearcat. I would buy the new one as I could get it now and I would know what condition it was in. Buying used online does not seem to be a safe deal often. I have done it, but the sale was face to face

The one consistant thing I find with old bearcats is that they aren't shot much. I have found quite a few either unfired or under 50 rounds over the years. I loved shooting grandpas and it's what I learned to shoot with but my hand quickly outgrew it. That combined with how well ruger builds revolvers I would feel more confident buying one sight unseen that most other guns but you always need to be carefull these days. I typically want to be sure weather or not it has had the transfer bar upgrade done or not and have to look for handling And holster wear if it's to be for a collection. If it's a shooter who cares.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top